New to this site..gonna make it my home

CkleanCklean Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey everyone, Chris here, just graduated with my Assoicate Degree in Computer Networking System. haven't had time do work on my certs while in school full time...but right now im studying for my MCDST then want to work on my MCSA then hopefully CCNA. Any ideas or help would be apreciated.

Right now Im studying from MCDST: Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician Study Guide (Exams 70 - 271 and 70 - 272), Deluxe Edition from Sybex. Don't have my A+ or Net+ yet.... :D

Comments

• Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Welcome! You've found a great site, with some great people, who will always help. I can't really recco anything for MCDST. I took mine when they were in Beta, and there wasn't much available for study material. They weren't very hard though, so I'm sure you'll be ok using what you have.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • !30!30 Member Posts: 356
    Welcome , a really great forum indeed !

I sugest you , if your job don't require it , making CCNA first.You'll learn there many thing's named the bascis of the networking and then oter's like MCDST or MCSA , MCSE will be a piece of cake.

MCDST is a MS cert , you'll learn here about Windows and stuff , but in CCNA you;ll learn about many thing's from networking all around the world.Good start for all beginers , for me it was , and then pass very easy thing's like A+,NET+ ,Server+,MCDST,MCSA,MCSE or even CCNP.

Good luck ! icon_wink.gif
    Optimism is an occupational hazard of programming: feedback is the treament. (Kent Beck)
  • Young FredYoung Fred Member Posts: 80 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Welcome i just joined recently, i must say there's alot of educated and generous people on this forum. So if you need IT info this is where you need to be! And if your an IT expert this is where you want to be!

(ALWAYS APPLY YOURSELF BEFORE YOU DENY YOURSELF)
    YoungFred.jpg
  • bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    Cklean wrote:
    Hey everyone, Chris here, just graduated with my Assoicate Degree in Computer Networking System. haven't had time do work on my certs while in school full time...but right now im studying for my MCDST then want to work on my MCSA then hopefully CCNA. Any ideas or help would be apreciated.

Right now Im studying from MCDST: Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician Study Guide (Exams 70 - 271 and 70 - 272), Deluxe Edition from Sybex. Don't have my A+ or Net+ yet.... :D

Welcome to Techexams, you've found a great place for IT professionals to gather, share and communicate ideas, experience, and suggestions.

I can tell you that the Sybex study guide is REALLY GOOD. I have the regular paperback version, and that's the only thing I used to study for both exams for my MCDST. What's added/extra in the deluxe edition? More practice questions, and a hard cover?

I think MCDST is a good thing to work towards right now since you've already started. And if it's your first certification, it'll also 'prep' you for future certification/examination.

Afterwards, you may look into CCNA, because as !30 says, it is definitely THE network foundamental cert to have. It will give you lots of background prep. for MCSA, and perhaps at the point, you will decide on continuing the Cisco path, considering your degree specializing with networks.

Good luck! PM if you want more info.
    Jack of all trades, master of none
  • dan87951dan87951 Member Posts: 107
    Welcome this is a good forum with lots of helpful people! MCDST is a good one to start with. You should also take the A+ always looks good on the resume. If your a computer guru you shouldn't have any problem passing it with min. studying! Good Luck!