How long does it take to pass Security+?

dumbtttdumbttt Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
I am planning to take the test, but must get it all done within the year to get reimbursed by my employer. Is the test offered year round on all business days? How long does it take before they let you know if you've passed? I can't get reimbursed unless I pass. So if grading takes 2 weeks, I must take the test by early December to ensure sufficient for the reimbursement process. Thanks for your help.

Comments

• scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    Yes, this cert exam is offered all year round. You find out right then and there if you passed or not.
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • iBrokeITiBrokeIT Member Posts: 1,318 ■■■■■■■■■□
    How long will it take you read and thoroughly comprehend Darril Gibson's 500ish page book? Thats about how long it should take you.

The testing availability depends on your local Pearson Vue's seat availability and you get your results immediately after completing the test.
    2019: GPEN | GCFE | GXPN | GICSP | CySA+ 
    2020: GCIP | GCIA 
    2021: GRID | GDSA | Pentest+ 
    2022: GMON | GDAT
    2023: GREM  | GSE | GCFA

WGU BS IT-NA | SANS Grad Cert: PT&EH | SANS Grad Cert: ICS Security | SANS Grad Cert: Cyber Defense Ops SANS Grad Cert: Incident Response
  • volfkhatvolfkhat Member Posts: 1,046 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I took Professor Messer's online Course.
    6 Chapters in 6 Weeks.

Then i paid for Darril Gibson's getaheadgetcertified website to do his ****/practice questions.
    Studied them for 3 weeks and passed.

So... (counting on my fingers).. that's 9 weeks.

also, you find out your results Immediately after you finish the exam.
  • NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    iBrokeIT wrote: »
    How long will it take you read and thoroughly comprehend Darril Gibson's 500ish page book? Thats about how long it should take you.

this ^^^ If you can read and understand the topics in one weeks, then you should be able to pass the test in one week.

I studied a week and a half for it, I'll say I didn't pass it by a lot though...
  • MkroadrushMkroadrush Member Posts: 38 ■■■□□□□□□□
    dumbttt wrote: »
    I am planning to take the test, but must get it all done within the year to get reimbursed by my employer. Is the test offered year round on all business days? How long does it take before they let you know if you've passed? I can't get reimbursed unless I pass. So if grading takes 2 weeks,

Good questions, I’m sure by now you have gone to CompTIA site if you haven’t do so. Also, there is a lot of personal experience out there when it comes to pass the S+, a lots of people say, "oh I study for a week and passed or study for 2 weeks and passed" it’s bullcrap, most likely trolls or a**holes.

It depends from lots of factors, the level of experience you have on the field, your method of studying, your sources etc. My suggestion is, get a good study material, study from multiple sources, if you can, practice until you are sick, don’t rush into the exam and don’t fall for I study for 1 week or so and passed. At the end you will do what is best and works for you.

Keep us posted, and good luck.
  • fuz1onfuz1on Member Posts: 961 ■■■■□□□□□□
    1. Is the test offered year round on all business days?

7 days a week so even weekends.

2. How long does it take before they let you know if you've passed?

Immediate results!

3. I can't get reimbursed unless I pass.

Good luck! Sec+ can be challenging if you're not accustomed to enterprise security best practices and don't have a solid background in most aspects of IT.
    timku.com(puter) | ProHacker.Co(nsultant) | ITaaS.Co(nstultant) | ThePenTester.net | @fuz1on
    Transmosis | http://transmosis.com | LinkedIn | https://linkedin.com/in/t1mku
    If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it. - Epictetus
    The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows. - Buddha
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you. - Unknown