**CCNA FAQ** - Please read before posting.

2»

Comments

• akushilanakushilan Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    if you have ccna with 1 year remaining in the expiration date and you recertify it does the 3 years will add up in the expiration date?
  • RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    It resets the clock to 3 years, Not more than 3.

For example, I took and passed my CCNA tomorrow. I'd be certified for 2015, not 2018
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• goldenlightgoldenlight Member Posts: 378 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Can we add this site to the subnetting link? under FAQ

Practice Subnet Skills: A Place to Practice Your Subnetting Skills Great vlsm design questions..
    The Only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it keep looking. Don't settle - Steve Jobs
  • Scorch1Scorch1 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    It may already be planned but, with the upcoming changes to the CCNA could we get a refresh on this sticky? I have no clue where to start and would like to pursue my CCNA after the changes.
  • clowreed1985clowreed1985 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■■■□□□□□□□
    From everything I've ever heard, using ? is allowed on the sims. I've never taken a cisco exam myself, but I know plenty of people who have, and were able to use ? and passed with good scores.
  • mabarianmabarian Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi guys,

I might have one of the most basic questions ever, but I couldn't find any answer neither in the Cisco web nor here. I am studying for the CCENT, and I would like to see what the available dates are for taking such exam. Where can I see it? I tried to schedule an exam at the Cisco web but I'm not sure if i press the Schedule button it will schedule the exam for a specific date without letting me cancel it.

Thanks for the help.
  • Ltat42aLtat42a Member Posts: 587 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Are you trying to schedule it through Pearson Vue - https://www6.pearsonvue.com/testtaker/signin/SignInPage.htm?clientCode=CISCOTESTING ?? If so, you can go through the steps by selecting your testing center, date, and time you want to test. Your exam will not be scheduled until you pay for it.

hth
  • mbarrettmbarrett Member Posts: 397 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • MacGuffinMacGuffin Member Posts: 241 ■■■□□□□□□□
    This FAQ is in serious need of an update. Many of the linked articles are five to ten years old. I understand that things move slowly in the networking field but this is ridiculous. Hasn't there been two revisions to the ICND exams in this time? There's also been a few changes to the IOS commands as well. A big change is in the pricing and availability of used Cisco gear and software simulators/emulators. If people followed the advice in the FAQ on purchasing gear they'd be wasting a lot of money.
    MacGuffin - A plot device, an item or person that exists only to produce conflict among the characters within the story.
  • Chev ChelliosChev Chellios Member Posts: 343 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Looks we all need to pitch in and update this for the newer exams, though I imagine most key concepts are the same or similar. Anyone got any good links or updates? I got the Laz Diaz CCNA course on Udemy for a bargain, seems pretty good so far but I don't know how it compares to other material, can any Cisco pro's out there advise? Got the Odom book as well which seems thorough.