Man it is my goal to get the MCSE. How much money can I get

blumenbergblumenberg Member Posts: 6 ■■■□□□□□□□
Man it is my goal to get the MCSE. How much money can I get with the cert(MCP,MCSA;MCSE)?
best :)

Comments

• blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    icon_rolleyes.gif
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • blackzoneblackzone Member Posts: 82 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Let's see... 6$ an hour. And you usually have to work overtime everyday without pay.

The best way is to check the job search website from your country.
  • xlg123xlg123 Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    A search of google "computer job salaries" resulted in nine results with salary calculators on the first page. I could post the link, but dont feel like it.

Pay can be expected to be from 6.15 per hour - 37 per hour plus+

Do your own homework. Knowledge is power.

Semper Fi
  • frankj1247frankj1247 Member Posts: 111
    One Billion Dollars!!!
    dr.evil_one_miliion_dollars.jpg

An MCSE and the ability to stand on your feet and serve coffee for 8 hours will get you a job at Starbucks. So, $7/hr, plus tips.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Sorry, you need to have a minimum of MCA: Messaging and Security to be considered for a job. Don't worry, it's not too expensive to obtain those certs!

In all honesty, depends on the company and your location.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    frankj1247 wrote:
    One Billion Dollars!!!
    dr.evil_one_miliion_dollars.jpg

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Yes, it depends on location, experience, age, location, other certs, location, experience, traditional education, people skills, the job, the company, and last but not least, location and experience.
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    If you want an idea of how much money you could make, (as well as what other requirements an MCSE-level job has,) do a search on something like http://www.dice.com, http://www.careerbuilder.com, or even http://www.craigslist.org for your area with the words "MCP", "MCSA", "MCSE", or anything else you find relevant.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • OlajuwonOlajuwon Inactive Imported Users Posts: 356
    $5.15-$100/hr, it depends on a bunch of factors. icon_wink.gif
    "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years"
  • bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    I think it was W5 that talked about a bunch of MCSEs working at Mcdonalds fighting for shifts with high school students back a few years ago.

Check this out, lots of funny examples and jokes on MCSE:
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=mcse
    Jack of all trades, master of none
  • OlajuwonOlajuwon Inactive Imported Users Posts: 356
    I think it was W5 that talked about a bunch of MCSEs working at Mcdonalds fighting for shifts with high school students back a few years ago.

I see that you have a couple MS certs yourself. For someone doing Microsoft certifications, bad move to criticize MCSEs like this. Some MCSEs are incompetent but a lot of them know their stuff, like any other certification. It's a stereotype. People can easily braindump their way to CCNP or or even CISSP. No vendor certification is safe, except for those where you have to sit down for a hands-on lab.
    "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years"
  • bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    Olajuwon wrote:

I see that you have a couple MS certs yourself. For someone doing Microsoft certifications, bad move to criticize MCSEs like this. Some MCSEs are incompetent but a lot of them know their stuff, like any other certification. It's a stereotype. People can easily braindump their way to CCNP or or even CISSP. No vendor certification is safe, except for those where you have to sit down for a hands-on lab.

no no, perhaps I didnt present myself properly. I'm trying to illustrate what MCSE alone represent; not alot. I've pointed out numerous times in my other threads that MCSE is not a condition for a job, it's often a requirement, MCSE !=> JOB, JOB => MCSE

no offense to any MCSE intended, I do apologize if anyone took offense to this.
    Jack of all trades, master of none
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Olajuwon wrote:

The best jokes are the ones that make fun of oneself. It's called a "sense of humor". I can't believe this offended you. Stereotypes are the best target for jokes, like lawyers, blonds, and computer nerds. None of it is to be taken seriously though, it's just for laughs.
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • barryjohnsbarryjohns Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    in the UK us MCSE's enjoy salaries around £42,000 after 2 years experience. To my knowledge a starting wage is around £26,000.
    Barry Johns - MCSE Certified
  • blumenbergblumenberg Member Posts: 6 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Blackzone & xlg123 & frankj1247 & icroyal & Webmaster & Slowhand & Olajuwon & bighornsheep & sprkymrk & barryjohns

THANKS 4 ALL COMMENTS :D

and One Billion Dollars!!! is ok 4 me :) i can live with it :)

Cheers
  • sir_creamy_sir_creamy_ Inactive Imported Users Posts: 298
    "People can easily braindump their way to CCNP or or even CISSP"

Will anyone backup this statement? Or is this sheer rubbish?
    Bachelor of Computer Science

[Forum moderators are my friends]
  • garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914

Rubbish is what Llyod Banks would say. icon_wink.gif
    barryjohns wrote:
    in the UK us MCSE's enjoy salaries around £42,000 after 2 years experience. To my knowledge a starting wage is around £26,000.
    I think we all need to move to the UK!
    IT guy since 12/00

• cdad2000cdad2000 Member Posts: 323
    Never settle for less, Man, I should take my own advice.
  • LukeQuakeLukeQuake Member Posts: 579 ■■■□□□□□□□
    barryjohns wrote:

What about good old MCSA's ? ;)
  • OpiOpi Member Posts: 127
    i think everyone who wants to become MCSE does it partly for the maybe career advance (more money monthly), People saying they only do it for educational purposes are not telling the truth IMO.
    I generally have an interest in the material; there is no possible way that I could study something that I wasn’t interested in! icon_smile.gif

More money is nice, but the buzz you get from passing an exam is equal if not better. After all life isn’t just about money,

Thanks,
  • OpiOpi Member Posts: 127
    LukeQuake wrote:
    After all life isn’t just about money,

Its not everything. But it makes life a LOT easier..
  • TrailerisfTrailerisf Member Posts: 455

I can't remember who it was, but someone came across a link they posted where the guys would even go write the exams for you... Just send them the money and 10 days later you are an MCSE.

I hope the place keeps detailed records because its only a matter of time before all those people lose their 5k and bogus MCSE designation.

I'm contemplating having ED the Lad write all my Cisco certs and I'll write all his MS ones... errr... Not.
    On the road to Cisco. Will I hunt it, or will it hunt me?