Udemy.com. Anyone use them? PMP CAPM and many others

twodogs62twodogs62 Member Posts: 393 ■■■□□□□□□□
I found an article on effective PMP online training options and a new site I have never heard of was mentioned. Udemy.com. The site looks interesting and reasonable prices depending on what studies you are looking for.

Three effective PMP exam training options - TechRepublic

anyone use them?
ratings and opinions?

Comments

• nelson8403nelson8403 Member Posts: 220 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Udemy can be good or bad, it's kind of a anyone can submit classes so sometime they're excellent other times they lack content. I've taken a few Oracle ones however never pay full price for them, there's always at least 50% off you can get!
    Bachelor of Science, IT Security
    Master of Science, Information Security and Assurance

CCIE Security Progress: Written Pass (06/2016), 1st Lab Attempt (11/2016)
  • twodogs62twodogs62 Member Posts: 393 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Where do you get discount codes?
    i just purchased a PMP course for $15. 92% off!!!! Only see discount thru iPad app and not their website.
    at first glance and reviews the course looks really good.
    I am looking at their CAPM course also, but don't want to pay full price also.
  • ChadiusChadius Member Posts: 313 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I've only use Udemy for web development courses. I think it really depends on the instructor and content.
  • twodogs62twodogs62 Member Posts: 393 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I found a Groupon code for $15 for Capm course I wanted. 92% off
    like the Joe Phillips course as it looks much more complete than CBTnuggets.
    if course decent, can't beat $15.
    i will review later and probably put in the PM forum if this turns out to be good learning resource.
  • fuz1onfuz1on Member Posts: 961 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yea - I've been using Udemy for a while. I took advantage of a lot of sales, vouchers and getting into classes when they were still free. I've used numerous courses in various subjects to further my scholastic aptitude. icon_cool.gif Or I get bored a lot and just need stuff to watch... icon_lol.gif
    timku.com(puter) | ProHacker.Co(nsultant) | ITaaS.Co(nstultant) | ThePenTester.net | @fuz1on
    Transmosis | http://transmosis.com | LinkedIn | https://linkedin.com/in/t1mku
    If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it. - Epictetus
    The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows. - Buddha
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you. - Unknown
  • Rick9Rick9 Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I've been using Udemy for some time, some courses are really good, but quality in general is not that great. It's always a good idea to check if it's really worth the money. I've been satisfied with InfiniteSkills (Adobe suite) and Lazaro Dias (CCNA). Web dev courses are just like, meh, I could have learnt it for free with thenewboston's videos or similar (or either I've been extremely unlucky to pick the wrong courses!).

Btw coupons and vouchers are frequent, just wait and you'll buy courses for a good price, don't hurry.
    https://deals.slashdot.org/ is a good place to check for coupons.