Options

Contacts in Global address list

DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
Hi I have a user in exchange jo.blogs@company.com

And I want to create a number of contact objects that will apear in the GL for each department..

HR,
Engineers, Finance
etc

Now some of these departments have a group mailbox others dont'. So I want to create a new contact for each department and assign each an phone number and email address.

Jo works in HR and his email address is the one I want to use.

So in exchange I create a new contact, but I can't set the email to be his email as I am told it is already used by Jo.

How can I do this, have both a user with an attached mailbox, and a contact pointing to there email address?
  • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
  • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.

Comments

• Options
    bgold87bgold87 Member Posts: 112
    Can you just give Jo the alias hr@company.com? No need for the contact, those are usually for external people that need to show in the GAL.

EDIT: just read that you need them to show in the GAL. I think you might have to create a new user, and do forwarding. Or a shared mailbox and give Jo full access so it shows as a separate mailbox in Outlook.