CISSP or GCIH?

jg372jg372 Member Posts: 22 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello all,

I wanted to know your thoughts on what to get next? I just passed my GSEC last week and my employer is giving me 1 SANS OnDemand (online) a year.

Some background about me and my career: I have only been in the Info Sec industry since January of this year. Before that, I was working at my current company's help desk for 4 years. I currently work as a Info Sec analyst but it really is more of a "entry level" type of position. Not doing too much technical work as of yet. A lot of risk assessments, policies, process improvement, etc. I want to get more technical and the GSEC was a course I really did enjoy and learned a great amount.

I no doubt will get both my GCIH and CISSP, just wondering now that I just finshed my GSEC, and some of the technical concepts were a bit difficult, should I focus on my CISSP first or GCIH? I'm not even sure if I am qualified for CISSP as I only have 1 year of Info Sec working experience, but 4 other years as help desk.

Comments

• E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,228 ■■■■■■■■■■
    You're not qualified for CISSP as far as I can see. Go with GCIH. The more experience you have the better when the time comes that you attempt CISSP.
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS