Passed 210-260

HondabuffHondabuff Member Posts: 667 ■■■□□□□□□□
Passed today with a 960. Most of the content came from the Cisco security books that I got from the bootcamp. CCP labs were all replaced with ASDM labs. 2 other people could not get one of the labs to work and our instructor could not either. I would say about 80% of the content is in the OCG but is only mentioned. The exam required you to know it in more detail then what even the book explains. Without breaking NDA I would say wait for the FLG to come out. The Boson bootcamp does prepare you for the exam. With that being said its almost like you attend a Cisco bootcamp so the can explain the answers. 65 questions and passing score is 860.
“The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you can’t always be sure of their authenticity.” ~Abraham Lincoln

Comments

• NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Nice score! Gratz on the pass!
  • bigbenhotnessbigbenhotness Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    woohoo congrats! now where can I get some of those books you got from the bootcamp hehe
  • HondabuffHondabuff Member Posts: 667 ■■■□□□□□□□
    All 4 books are going on eBay sunday night when I get back home.
    “The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you can’t always be sure of their authenticity.” ~Abraham Lincoln
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats!
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • mackenzaemackenzae Member Posts: 77 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hondabuff wrote: »
    Passed today with a 960. Most of the content came from the Cisco security books that I got from the bootcamp. CCP labs were all replaced with ASDM labs. 2 other people could not get one of the labs to work and our instructor could not either. I would say about 80% of the content is in the OCG but is only mentioned. The exam required you to know it in more detail then what even the book explains. Without breaking NDA I would say wait for the FLG to come out. The Boson bootcamp does prepare you for the exam. With that being said its almost like you attend a Cisco bootcamp so the can explain the answers. 65 questions and passing score is 860.

Can you at least name a few of the topics that require more in depth understanding than the books goes into?

I'm guessing ISE is one of them? I've read the chapter on ACS/ISE and ISE got a measly paragraph.
    Seemed like everything in the OCG that had a small paragraph was on the exam. Gota know your VPN's and how to configure and the show commands that go with them. The one sim is broke and the instrutor called Cisco about it. After 4 attemps at it I just gave up and moved on knowing I got atleast half of it correct. I read the entire book last week and feel it was a waste for prepping you for the test. There is alot of good content in the book but not nearly enough for exam prep. I would bet the FLG once released will have more detailed content. One of the other students who passed was a Netcad Instructor and was hearing they are close to releasing the FLG.
  • openallnightopenallnight Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!

What is FLG?
    Foundation Learning Guide. Its like the Cisco Press book but with more content. I would suspect that it would be similar to the class books that I got during my bootcamp.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!!
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Congrats on the pass!! Glad to hear the passing score is 860 vs 898.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • openallnightopenallnight Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Never understood why it can be so difficult just to obtain the material to study for an exam, especially by the vendor its self. With all the different training options (video, labs, books, simulations, etc) being offered for each exam it can be confusing what to choose and what to really focus your time on and then to find out that not everything is covered in the training material that is presented on the exam....

Anyway, since there is no video training for the 210-260 yet, such as cbtnuggets. What do you all think about the former (soon to be former) CCNA security training video on cbtnuggets, would it be worth it to go through it to prepare for the 210-260? Any thoughts?
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • bigbenhotnessbigbenhotness Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Never understood why it can be so difficult just to obtain the material to study for an exam, especially by the vendor its self. With all the different training options (video, labs, books, simulations, etc) being offered for each exam it can be confusing what to choose and what to really focus your time on and then to find out that not everything is covered in the training material that is presented on the exam....

Anyway, since there is no video training for the 210-260 yet, such as cbtnuggets. What do you all think about the former (soon to be former) CCNA security training video on cbtnuggets, would it be worth it to go through it to prepare for the 210-260? Any thoughts?

I'm wondering this too
  • 20152015 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
  • ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • thewiz8807thewiz8807 Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats. A little disheartening considering I'm about 3/4ths of the way through the OCG.
    Goals: Network+ (Done) -> CCNA: R&S (Done) -> CCNA: Security (Done) -> Security+ (Done) -> ITIL v3 Foundation (Done) -> CASP (Done) -> CCNP: R/S (In Progress) -> CCNP: Collaboration -> CCSK -> CCSP -> CISSP
  • dwarftudedwarftude Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hondabuff wrote: »
    Question for you, was the exam 90 mins? or 75 mins?

When I attempted 640-554 in April I was given only 75 mins. The website even still says 90 mins, for 640-554.
  • islandboy80islandboy80 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The CBT Nuggets for 210-260 are being posted as I write this.
    https://www.cbtnuggets.com/it-training/cisco-ccna-security-210-260

I purchased the Cisco E-Learning for IINS v3.0 last week and have been going through it. I have to say, it is definitely more impressive and educational than the OCG. There are some really good labs included.
  • yellowpadyellowpad Member Posts: 192 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I am waiting for CBT Nuggets to come out.....in January right before my exam. I will read and study the guide while waiting.
    The CBT Nuggets for 210-260 are being posted as I write this.
    https://www.cbtnuggets.com/it-training/cisco-ccna-security-210-260

I purchased the Cisco E-Learning for IINS v3.0 last week and have been going through it. I have to say, it is definitely more impressive and educational than the OCG. There are some really good labs included.
    Completed MSCIA f/ WGU~ CISSP 5-days boot camp scheduled :)
  • thewiz8807thewiz8807 Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Passed today with a 920. The simulations were broken...tisk tisk tisk Cisco.
    Goals: Network+ (Done) -> CCNA: R&S (Done) -> CCNA: Security (Done) -> Security+ (Done) -> ITIL v3 Foundation (Done) -> CASP (Done) -> CCNP: R/S (In Progress) -> CCNP: Collaboration -> CCSK -> CCSP -> CISSP
  • LDhikerLDhiker Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I purchased the Cisco E-Learning for IINS v3.0 last week and have been going through it. I have to say, it is definitely more impressive and educational than the OCG. There are some really good labs included.[/QUOTE]

Was it worth the Money? I am on the edge about buying it.
  • ITBotITBot Member Posts: 114 ■■■□□□□□□□
    thewiz8807 wrote: »
    Passed today with a 920. The simulations were broken...tisk tisk tisk Cisco.

What did you use as study material aside from the ocg?
  • OfWolfAndManOfWolfAndMan Member Posts: 923 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats. Glad they replaced CCP stuff with something useful.
    :study:Reading: Lab Books, Ansible Documentation, Python Cookbook 2018 Goals: More Ansible/Python work for Automation, IPSpace Automation Course [X], Build Jenkins Framework for Network Automation []