Fail 802

PodereskornPodereskorn Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all,

This is my third time failing the 802 exam with a 675 score in all of them... I don´t know if I have to do something like to not fail the simulations to pass the test but it is not normal that I have failed 3 times with the same score .. any answer, any advice?

Thank you

Comments

• netsysllcnetsysllc Member Posts: 479 ■■■■□□□□□□
    What is your background, what resources have you studied? There are many books, study guides and video resources that should help.
  • PodereskornPodereskorn Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Associate Degree in Computer Science and Telecommunications in Spain (8 years ago) and now I am working as IS Level 1 Tech for 6 months. I have used the Comptia A+ all in one book and a lot of online test. 801 was piece of cake but I don't know what is going on with 802... probably I should check some videos and do more test... but 675 in all of them, that is the weird thing to me..
  • iAnonymityiAnonymity Member Posts: 22 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Well, start off where you think you might be struggling, on the 802 Operating Systems is 33%, Security is 22%, Mobile Devices is 9%, and Troubleshooting is 36%, where I can troubleshoot all day, but CompTIA has there own wording and processes on how you should troubleshoot, this is where I've been struggling, I go for my A+ next month. Good luck.
  • ojenksdevojenksdev Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    You should check out the Exam Cram book by David Prowse. I have to take mine in Nov when I start at WGU, but I've been reading his book and It's pretty good. Also comes with over 500 practice questions.
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    @Poderskorn

What does your score sheet highlight as weak areas? Are they the same for all three exams? If so, perhaps just a little more study time in those areas and you will be all set. You are close, so hang in there and register again when you are eligible and go take it again.

Knowing which texts you used to prep will be helpful. Meyers and Sybex have excellent resources and if you don't have at least one of those, I would consider getting one (new or used) and starting over with a clean slate...i.e. forget what you think you know and relearn the material with an open mind.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • PCJoe87PCJoe87 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Sorry to hear about the difficulty you are having. While I do think the simulations are important - don't overthink them too much. I passed the exam even when the test proctor was clicking away during my simulations (right mouse click broken on testing station). I do think the number of clicks and keystrokes are calculated in the score; because I expected my final score to be a bit higher, but I didn't complain because it was passing.

The multiple choice questions are designed to be tricky. My best advice is to read each question TWICE! - What I thought I had read the first time wasn't always exactly the case.

I passed with my only study resource being Professor Messer. He has a youtube channel and a website full of great resources. I highly recommend watching all of his videos. He covers all of the topics listed on the CompTIA exam objectives very thoroughly. I have already started studying his videos for the Net+.

www.youtube.com/user/professormesser

Professor Messer IT Certification Training Courses

I'm confident that the Professor will be able to help you tackle the 802!

- Joe
  • houdini5150houdini5150 Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I would review the objectives you did not pass. Review stuff you remember having difficulty with.
  • fuz1onfuz1on Member Posts: 961 ■■■■□□□□□□
    675 - 3 times in a row tells you that there is something fundamentally incorrect about a domain (whether it's MC-based or PBQ-based) that doesn't allow you to pass based on what the SME's need you to know. I'd review your weakest domains (like everyone else has suggested) and/or have a new strategy for taking the exam. For me, I usually skip all the PBQ questions until the end unless I feel 100% confident that I can answer the question correctly; the MC is the same strategy where I usually skip questions pertaining to a particular domain that I might not be as confident in since CompTIA uses adaptive question variation.
    You're really close - just take some time and work on those few spots. I'm sure you'll get it next time! Good luck! icon_study.gif
    timku.com(puter) | ProHacker.Co(nsultant) | ITaaS.Co(nstultant) | ThePenTester.net | @fuz1on
    Transmosis | http://transmosis.com | LinkedIn | https://linkedin.com/in/t1mku
    If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it. - Epictetus
    The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows. - Buddha
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you. - Unknown
  • comp101comp101 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have been doing practice exam on MeassureUP but it did not help me at all with my exam. I got a 635 score. Any recommendation other than professor messer. I enjoy his videos, but I need to practice taking exams.
  • bjpeterbjpeter Member Posts: 198 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Darril Gibson's book is pretty good. I recommend using it to study for the exam.
    2021 Goals (2): SSCP, eCPPT
    Achieved (27): Certified Associate in Python Programming, Microsoft Certified: Azure Fundamentals, PenTest+, Project+, CySA+, Flutter Certified Application Developer, OCP Java EE 7 Application Developer, CCSP, OCP Java SE 11 Developer, CISSP, Linux+/LPIC-1, CCSKv4, OCE Java EE 6 JPA Developer, CSSLP, Server+, Cloud+, Arcitura Certified Cloud Professional, CASP+, Mobility+, Storage+, Android Certified Application Developer, OCP Java SE 8 Programmer, Security+, OCM Java SE 6 Developer, B.S. and M.S. in Computer Science