Just passed 220-802, finally A+ certified, some questions

apme123apme123 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Well, I took 220-801 in August and passed with and 813. I took 220-802 this morning and god damn it was so much harder then 801. Maybe harder was the wrong word use, tricky is more like it. I barely passed it with a 713. Now my next question is should I go for network+, mta server fundamental or ccnt/ccna. My goal is to start get a job in helpdesk/desktop support and work my way up to a sys admin. I know 100% that I will start on MCSA server 2012 in 6 months or so.

Thanks

Comments

• TK1799_stTK1799_st Member Posts: 111
    CONGRATS ON THE PASS! -- Those are some of the hardest exams I've ever taken --- so much material to learn and get right the first time. That's is a huge accomplishment!icon_cheers.gif
  • fuz1onfuz1on Member Posts: 961 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! I agree that 802 is definitely tougher but that's the way it should be - RIGHT?! icon_cool.gif

As for next steps, Network+ would be a great step if you have zero experience in networking. Otherwise, I'd go for CCENT/CCNA - forget MTA stuff, go for MCP. Good luck!
    timku.com(puter) | ProHacker.Co(nsultant) | ITaaS.Co(nstultant) | ThePenTester.net | @fuz1on
    Transmosis | http://transmosis.com | LinkedIn | https://linkedin.com/in/t1mku
    If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it. - Epictetus
    The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows. - Buddha
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you. - Unknown
  • apme123apme123 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    REMOVED UNNECESSARY QUOTED REPLY FROM PREVIOUS POST

Ohh I used exam cram and professor messer videos. My networking skill consist of setting up home wired and wireless networks, and years ago I setup a network at an Internet cafe with a 30 port switch. That's as far as it goes I know some basics but that's about it. Topics like sub netting excite me and scare me at the same time lol. I crave to learn more :)
  • fuz1onfuz1on Member Posts: 961 ■■■■□□□□□□
    That's cool! I think once you get sub-netting, you gain a whole new understanding of how things work using binary logic. Also based on your experience, I think you could go for CCENT/CCNA but Network+ is probably a little more manageable. Cisco tests are quite a bit more difficult and you have to learn their CLI for IOS.
    timku.com(puter) | ProHacker.Co(nsultant) | ITaaS.Co(nstultant) | ThePenTester.net | @fuz1on
    Transmosis | http://transmosis.com | LinkedIn | https://linkedin.com/in/t1mku
    If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it. - Epictetus
    The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows. - Buddha
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you. - Unknown
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks everyone :)
  • Kopite_21Kopite_21 Member Posts: 194 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Congratulations!

Go for NET+ and if it makes sense for your career, grab the Sec+ while your in the CompTIA mode...after those two (or at least the NET+ it is time to focus on vendor specific certifications.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
    I'll definitely go for net+, I'll use messer. Are there any specific books for net+ that you guys can recommend?
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! icon_cheers.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
    Congrats!! icon_cheers.gif

Thank you.