C|EH v8 Scheduled....Lets get it!

JusCoolinJusCoolin Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
Good afternoon Tech peeps,

As you probably can tell, I don't post often. Matter of fact this is my first post ever on this site. I've kind of been like most, just come here to read and take notes from the wise/experienced. But today marks the day I stop all the foolery and engage myself a bit more than the usual. Now on to what I actually had to say, I scheduled my exam today for the C|EH v8. Have been putting this off for sometime now but finally got the eligibility application approved and my pockets burned lol (positive investment nonetheless). Exam set for good ol' Monday of the 19th this month and here is the study material that I have been using so far:

1. CEH AIO 2nd Edition by Matt Walker-Easy to read and great material coverage in my opinion.
2. Official Course Material-The wife is also taking it so we are kind of battling back and forth to see which material prevailsicon_rolleyes.gif
3. Flash cards-Custom some from that Quizlet site as well
4. Nmap Cookbook-Easy to read, informative and straight to the point

So as I prepare myself for my exam, you've probably heard this multiple times but what else would you folks recommend? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all for you time and support.

Comments

• FillAwfulFillAwful Member Posts: 119 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The Boson Practice Tests are great. I like to use practice tests as I near the end of my studying. They tend to point out gaps in my knowledge that I need to cover.
  • JusCoolinJusCoolin Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Most definitely appreciated. I looked into it when I first started studying but didn't get around to actually purchasing it.
  • TechGuru80TechGuru80 Member Posts: 1,539 ■■■■■■□□□□
    CBT Nuggets is always a good option. The series on v8 does a pretty darn good job.
  • roninkaironinkai Member Posts: 307 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Cybrary.IT has a free pen testing / ethical hacking course that is a good refresher right before the exam.
    浪人 MSISA:WGU
    ICP-FDO ▪ CISSP ▪ ECES ▪ CHFI ▪ CNDA ▪ CEH ▪ MCSA/MCITP ▪ MCTS ▪ S+
    2020 Level Up Goals: (1) DevSecOps Learning Path (2) OSCP
    TechGuru80 wrote: »
    CBT Nuggets is always a good option. The series on v8 does a pretty darn good job.

TechGuru80, thank you. I used CBT Nuggets for another exam so I guess I will add that to the arsenal as well.

dragonsden wrote: »
    Cybrary.IT has a free pen testing / ethical hacking course that is a good refresher right before the exam.

dragonsden, sounds good. I appreciate all the resources.
  • danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good luck! I have scheduled my exam for Oct 24th. I have the CEH Cert Guide by Michael Gregg, the CBT Nuggets with James Conrad, and various practice exams I could find online. I don't want to shell out $99 for boson at this point in time after laying down $600. So let's see what happens lol. Hoping to read about your pass!
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
    danny069, good luck to you as well. That was kind of my mind set as well for the Boson material. I downloaded the demo questions but that's about it. But like you said, we will see what happens. See you on the other side....lol
    No go on the exam today. Was tested on the v9 items within the first question. Guess that's how it works.
  • danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm sorry to hear that, you should appeal like someone else on here is
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
    danny069 Thanks, I'm most definitely trying. I guess time will tell in the mean time.
  • TK1799_stTK1799_st Member Posts: 111
    I see ECC gave you the same response I got word-for-word....this will not go well for them....