Finally locked in a date

Joshuab009Joshuab009 Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
Getting off my butt and testing CASP on Monday. Cross some fingers for me.

Comments

• fuz1onfuz1on Member Posts: 961 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Dude - *crossing fingers* icon_mrgreen.gif Good luck!
    timku.com(puter) | ProHacker.Co(nsultant) | ITaaS.Co(nstultant) | ThePenTester.net | @fuz1on
    Transmosis | http://transmosis.com | LinkedIn | https://linkedin.com/in/t1mku
    If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it. - Epictetus
    The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows. - Buddha
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you. - Unknown
  • danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Best of luck! Can't wait to hear about your pass and experience. I want to take the CASP in a few weeks.
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
  • Joshuab009Joshuab009 Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I didn't pass this time. In fact, I have a lot of studying to do. I hate that I spent a wasted week with New Horizon now that I've seen the exam.
  • Mike7Mike7 Member Posts: 1,107 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Hope you pass the next time.
    What study resources did you use? Some of had good results with Sybex CASP book
  • fuz1onfuz1on Member Posts: 961 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Sorry to hear/read! I've failed the CASP (CAS-001) before too and the worst part is that you get no feedback about what you need to work on.

I plan on taking CAS-002 when the time presents itself aka voucher =) - I think I've improved and refined my knowledge-base in info security and assurance but we'll see. Good luck on studying and let us know when/if you're going to give it another shot.
    timku.com(puter) | ProHacker.Co(nsultant) | ITaaS.Co(nstultant) | ThePenTester.net | @fuz1on
    Transmosis | http://transmosis.com | LinkedIn | https://linkedin.com/in/t1mku
    If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it. - Epictetus
    The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows. - Buddha
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you. - Unknown
  • Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    Joshuab009 wrote: »
    I hate that I spent a wasted week with New Horizon now that I've seen the exam.

how did you waste a week? did you do a boot camp?
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • SavvySavvy Member Posts: 15 ■■■□□□□□□□
    New Horizons tends to do boot camps, and I haven't heard much good feedback about their preparation professionally. I'm assuming that's what they were referring to here.
    Ya, it was a bootcamp. I was thinking that would be a smart way to close out my studying. Hindsight, I think I would have gained more from another week of self study.
  • Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    hmm, well I am scheduled for a NH bootcamp for CASP. However I'm not paying for it. Hopefully I have a better experience. I have been using my WGU Skillport account going through their CASP training.
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
    Sign up for Free CASP (002) Practice Test Questions | Get Certified Get Ahead

Darril Gibson started some practice questions, I have not looked through them but perhaps this could be of some assistance.
    Guys, thanks for all the great recommendations. I went in today for round two and I passed. On to the next one.
    Nice! Congrats, so what's next for you?
    Unfortunately I've let my CCNA expire. So I'm planning CCENT next so I can track the security path.

Unless I can summon up the strength to give CISSP another run. I doubt that based on our sorted past. Maybe his little brother though...
  • Mike7Mike7 Member Posts: 1,107 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on passing CASP!
    Joshuab009 wrote: »
    Unless I can summon up the strength to give CISSP another run. I doubt that based on our sorted past. Maybe his little brother though...

Now you are older and wiser, you may want to give CISSP another chance. icon_wink.gif
    Majority of the CISSP knowledge domains overlaps with those in CASP, topics that are not in CASP are probably asset security and those relating to policy. I may be wrong as I took the old 10 domain CISSP exam first followed by CASP 2 weeks later.

The CISSP is less technical and has no simulation questions, so it is easier in some ways. The SSCP is also a good option.