I want to learn security ..

Hello !

I want to learn or read.. about security , how can I secure a network or my onw PC.Which cert is the best for security ?

Or which book's do you recomand me to read about .. I don't want to take any cert's now , just learn for myself hobby : security.

Thank's ! icon_wink.gif
Optimism is an occupational hazard of programming: feedback is the treament. (Kent Beck)

Comments

• keatronkeatron Member Posts: 1,213 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I would recommend reading as many books as possible. Learn about various equipment (hardware and software), learn about exploits (just google windows exploits for example). Read some white papers. Spend some time in the CWNP forums with JD Murry (and me when I'm there). Stay in the CCSP forum (a lot of it might be over your head, but you'd be suprised how much you pick up about Cisco security methodology just from reading questions and answers posted by others). I would suggest starting with general IT security, then start nailing down specific areas.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Be sure to ask security-related questions in the appropriate forums to insure getting the best answers. For example, ask about Microsoft security in the MCSE forums, Cisco security in the Cisco forums, wireless security in the CWNP forum, general security certification questions in this forum, etc. We're here to help. :)
  • Danman32Danman32 Member Posts: 1,243
    Start with security+ to get a general background on the subject. For MS security, focus on the security related subjects/courses/exams such as 70-298: designing a secure network which is part of the security specialization for MCSE.

Other technologies also have their own security certifications/courses/exams.