Collaboration

Hey,

What equipment do we need for the collab cert?

****NO GNS3 or Packet Tracer****

Thanks

Comments

• SurferdudeHBSurferdudeHB Member Posts: 199 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'd like to know also since this is a new cert.
  • davenulldavenull Member Posts: 173 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If you have access to dCloud training labs that will give you a playground to explore things even if it's not exactly CCNA Collaboration curriculum.
  • koz24koz24 Member Posts: 766 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Brad0985 wrote: »

I have decided to start gathering equipment for Collaboration and wow, that's some expensive stuff for an NA level exam. 2 2901s and two 9971 will cost around $1.2k if you buy used. And perhaps the biggest problem is there are no lab books aside from the official Cisco courses. Only lab book I've found so far is the old CCNA Voice Lab Manual.
  • koz24koz24 Member Posts: 766 ■■■■□□□□□□
    pearljam wrote: »
    Ouch!!!

Yeah, I'm not spending over 1k on an NA level exam. What I've decided to do is gather gear for the old CCNA Voice and I will use that to prepare for CICD. I believe you only need 2x 2811 routers, 1 3560 switch(already have) and 2x 7962 phones(already have 1)--much more manageable. For CIVND I will just rely on the OCG to get me through the exam. The other option is to rent 1 of the CCIE Collaboration racks and use their video options but I doubt you really need to do this for CCNA Collaboration, but maybe for CCNP Collaboration it is an option.