Recent CEH Exam Issues (v8/v9/et al)

BillV_BillV_ Member Posts: 114 ■□□□□□□□□□
For everyone that seems to be having one issue or another with the CEH exam (seems most are complaints about taking v8 training and receiving a v9 exam), can you please reply in this thread?

If you can, just a brief statement or two (brief - not a book) about what your complaint is, what your method of study was, and what you've done so far to raise the issue.

Seems we need a single place to track this.

Comments

• wayne_wonderwayne_wonder Member Posts: 215 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Do you work for them or something ?
  • supasecuritybrosupasecuritybro Member Posts: 206 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I posted my stuff in the others but in an effort to track this here is a copy from that.

I completed the test and failed on Monday. I walked out feeling like I wasn't taking the right test and was about to pony up the money for another test. I am glad I research a little and felt like was validated in my assessment of what happened on Monday when I found these threads. I went ahead and filed an incident on their website and received the same generic response from Cherylann Vanderhide which I am beginning to believe is a canned response people are just sending back. I responded back and received another generic response. I noticed that they responses are not whether or not the proper data bank of question was issued out but just the validity of their process.

I am not questioning whether or not the validity of the exam is in question, I just believe that a fair assessment is done when you are checking against the current body of knowledge. As a working professional I am aware of the constant changing landscape and it is my responsibility to maintain my knowledge base fresh. I also believe that the context of examination needs to be on the available body of knowledge you are releasing in order to ensure you are getting everyone on the same baseline. I am strong believer that certifications do not make you the professional but are the baseline at which you are able to determine where a candidate is located on the HUGE sea of our field.

I am hoping to be able to take the exam I studied for or given the new material and a retake of this exam.
    Completed: CISSP, GPEN, GWAPT, CCSA R80, eJPT, CySA+, M.S. Information Security
    Current Goal: CCSE
    Continuous Education Plan:​ AWS-SAA, OSCP, CISM
    Book/CBT/Study Material:​ Max Power
  • TK1799_stTK1799_st Member Posts: 111
    ? 123456 78910 - 11 - 12
    What another posted discovered on the NEW CEHv9 Exam:

Cherylann (ECC Certification Director) asked for the following:

"Could you please provide me with the list of New tools, vulnerabilities, cloud computing items you claim to have added in this new exam such as the following below:

http://www.eccouncil.org/Certification/exam-information/ceh-exam-312-50

I will confirm that the list above is different than the v8 Objective list.
    I had extensive questions on shell shock, firewalls and incident management which were not part of the v8 objective at all. They need to review this for real.
    Just a tid but I got from Preason Vue this morning..

Albert: I just checked, 312-50v8 was inactivated on October 15, 2015 by EC-Council.
    Albert: I just checked with our helpdesk team. Please contact EC-Council since they control the exam content and version related information.
    Albert: You may find the contact information for EC-Council on the below link:
    Just a tid but I got from Preason Vue this morning..

Albert: I just checked, 312-50v8 was inactivated on October 15, 2015 by EC-Council.
    Albert: I just checked with our helpdesk team. Please contact EC-Council since they control the exam content and version related information.
    Albert: You may find the contact information for EC-Council on the below link:

The exact same day I called in and filed an Incident Report....uhm...
  • BillV_BillV_ Member Posts: 114 ■□□□□□□□□□
    What's with BillV stating that those that shouldn't be passing the CEH - aren't --

Pretty bold statement by someone that knows nothing about the people taking said exam or the exam itself....
    The fact is, not everyone is going to pass. And of those that do, not always on the first attempt. I'm actually pretty surprised that you didn't pass, based on your study path you've listed above. It is, and always has been, a somewhat difficult test. You're not the first person to not pass, and certainly won't be the last. It sounds like you've started the appeal process, maybe it will work out in your favor without you having to retake the exam.
    ? 123456 78910 - 11 - 12
  • BillV_BillV_ Member Posts: 114 ■□□□□□□□□□
    How exactly do you know the exam was totally different? What are you comparing to? Have you taken the exam before?
    ...but your interests is suspicious...