Passed the VCP-DCV today

alias454alias454 Member Posts: 648 ■■■■□□□□□□
Just wanted to let everyone know I passed the VCP-DCV today.
This forum has been a valuable resource not only for knowledge but for motivation to stick with it.

Thanks to everyone
Regards.
“I do not seek answers, but rather to understand the question.”

Comments

• iBrokeITiBrokeIT Member Posts: 1,318 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats!

What's next?
    2019: GPEN | GCFE | GXPN | GICSP | CySA+ 
    2020: GCIP | GCIA 
    2021: GRID | GDSA | Pentest+ 
    2022: GMON | GDAT
    2023: GREM  | GSE | GCFA

WGU BS IT-NA | SANS Grad Cert: PT&EH | SANS Grad Cert: ICS Security | SANS Grad Cert: Cyber Defense Ops SANS Grad Cert: Incident Response
  • alias454alias454 Member Posts: 648 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I plan to get the GSEC since work is paying for training and the cert then I am going to circle back around and finish up on my CCNA.
  • DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! Welcome to the club icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Justin-Justin- Member Posts: 300
    Congrats on the pass!! What resources did you use to pass the VCP-DCV?

Cheers!
  • iBrokeITiBrokeIT Member Posts: 1,318 ■■■■■■■■■□
    alias454 wrote: »
    I plan to get the GSEC since work is paying for training and the cert then I am going to circle back around and finish up on my CCNA.

Nice! I just completed that one after going to SANS Network Security 2015 in Vegas with Dr Eric Cole. Where are you taking yours at?
    2019: GPEN | GCFE | GXPN | GICSP | CySA+ 
    2020: GCIP | GCIA 
    2021: GRID | GDSA | Pentest+ 
    2022: GMON | GDAT
    2023: GREM  | GSE | GCFA

WGU BS IT-NA | SANS Grad Cert: PT&EH | SANS Grad Cert: ICS Security | SANS Grad Cert: Cyber Defense Ops SANS Grad Cert: Incident Response
  • alias454alias454 Member Posts: 648 ■■■■□□□□□□
    @Justin - I used the resources from the VCP Blueprint, Sybex "Mastering VMware vSphere 5.5" by Scott Lowe, Nick Marshall et al, a home lab, and several years of work experience.

@iBrokeIT - Taking the GSEC in Chicago (Rosemont) with Doc Blackburn. I'm going from Nov 30th through Dec 5th.
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats Hoping to join that club soon icon_thumright.gif
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • datacombossdatacomboss Member Posts: 304 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Welcome to the club @alias454!
    "If I were to say, 'God, why me?' about the bad things, then I should have said, 'God, why me?' about the good things that happened in my life."

Arthur Ashe

• Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    greg9891 wrote: »
    Congrats Hoping to join that club soon icon_thumright.gif

I have no doubt you will. ;)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • fuz1onfuz1on Member Posts: 961 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    timku.com(puter) | ProHacker.Co(nsultant) | ITaaS.Co(nstultant) | ThePenTester.net | @fuz1on
    Transmosis | http://transmosis.com | LinkedIn | https://linkedin.com/in/t1mku
    If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it. - Epictetus
    The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows. - Buddha
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you. - Unknown
  • blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Well done!
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • zcarenowzcarenow Member Posts: 110