Options

Do you think I'm Ready For this Exam?

greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
87% on security practice exam the 100 questions at the beginning of darril's book. what do you think? getting ready for that test date. other study material is cbt nuggets, professor messer, lots of practice exams particually ones with scenarios. Do you guys think I'm ready.
:
Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.

Comments

• Options
    TongyTongy Member Posts: 234
    Probably... Only you will know.

No guts, no glory :)
  • Options
    fuz1onfuz1on Member Posts: 961 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Confidence is a funny thing and it's born from relentless practice. I think when you feel good about your knowledge-base, work ethic and comprehension of foundational/core principles - it's time! For what it's worth, I think you should be good to go with all that prep work. Good luck!
    timku.com(puter) | ProHacker.Co(nsultant) | ITaaS.Co(nstultant) | ThePenTester.net | @fuz1on
    Transmosis | http://transmosis.com | LinkedIn | https://linkedin.com/in/t1mku
    If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it. - Epictetus
    The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows. - Buddha
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you. - Unknown
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I think you are ready to go based on your test results and the amount of study materials you have reviewed in preparation for the exam. ;)

Good luck!!
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    I'd personally focus on how well I knew the objectives and how much experience I had working with the topics being tested. Practice tests give you a quick check, but the exam may be about any point covered under the objectives, so for me, that is my baseline.

YMMV
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    TallDude7TallDude7 Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    when you can answer the practice test questions without looking at the answers then you're ready. Memorizing this glossary is ESSENTIAL https://quizlet.com/45014916/security-sy0-401-terms-flash-cards/. When I took the exam I had 15 minutes to spare to review all of my answers before submitting
  • Options
    greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Thanks Guys!
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • Options
    ITNewbie2ITNewbie2 Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
    If you feel ready and confident, then you should go for it. I recently took and passed the exam. I'd say it was harder than I anticipated and definitely not a easy test. I was consistently scoring between 80-90% from taking over 300 practice test questions. I went in to the test center feeling very comfortable. But once I was given the sim questions it rattled me pretty badly. They really drill down to very minor details on all things security related. Took me a while to regain composure. I had a sunken feeling that I was going to fail during the first 30 minutes of the test. Luckily Comptia does allow going back to change your answers. I would never know if changing several answers actually helped me passed the test, or possibly lowered my score. But a pass is a pass. As long as you follow the official Security+ exam objective and can honestly say you are confident with every single listed item on the objective ( you don't need to be an expert, just know what Comptia want you to know), then you will pass.