ec-council........Clueless! (v9 question too)

knewboldknewbold Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
bit of background first.
I failed the exam around a month ago, but I have unlimited retakes, on this and a number of other courses, through a training provider I paid a set fee to.

I originally had a exam booked for 3 days ago, but didn't like the stories of v9 questions sneaking in, so I rescheduled it.
the next date I can take this on is the 31st of October, which is (if you believe it) the last day of V8

now I thought this was a bit silly that I would take it on the last day of the validity. so I emailed EC council to ask if I could take the "v9" in November, using my current retake certificate.........

this is the reply I got

Hi (my name),

Greetings to you.

[FONT=trebuchet ms, sans-serif]Please note that CEH exam has no version.[/FONT]

[FONT=trebuchet ms, sans-serif]Thank You.[/FONT]
Regards

since im taking an official course, I am VERY confused!

Comments

• SaSkillerSaSkiller Member Posts: 337 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Wow, i'm shocked at the answer, not surprised at their incompetence.

They have phone numbers last time I checked, call them, keep the question short. My guess is however if they issue a voucher and you can schedule it for that date you are fine.
    OSWP, GPEN, GWAPT, GCIH, CPT, CCENT, CompTIA Trio.
  • gespensterngespenstern Member Posts: 1,243 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Typical EC-Council. Someone apparently needs to educate them about their exam.
  • danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I think the problem is they don't communicate well with the people who respond to these types of questions, and those people are not located in the U.S. and are not trained properly by the company. While they have dropped the version number supposedly, we all know a new exam is coming Nov. 1st. I don't think its fair for them to put "v9" topics before Nov. 1st, when some of those topics are not even out for study in books, etc. I had originally scheduled my exam for oct. 24 but rescheduled for nov. 21st So hopefully some v9 material will be out for study by then.
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    The person responding to you may have meant the CEH exam voucher has no version number. The exam voucher you buy in the EC-Council's store is good for either v8 or v9. I would assume the "retake certificate" is just an exam voucher.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    danny069 wrote: »
    I had originally scheduled my exam for oct. 24 but rescheduled for nov. 21st So hopefully some v9 material will be out for study by then.
    The only brand new module for CEHv9 is Cloud Computing. Have a look at the CompTIA Cloud Essential cert objectives, or maybe just the info on the Wikipedia's Cloud Computing article should be enough. I'm still looking for a listing of the CEHv9 tools and labs.
  • GessGess Member Posts: 144 ■■■□□□□□□□
    My v8 exam that I took about two weeks ago had five extra questions on it. If any "v9" questions snuck in, they would be in those five ungraded questions.
  • chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    JDMurray wrote: »
    The person responding to you may have meant the CEH exam voucher has no version number. The exam voucher you buy in the EC-Council's store is good for either v8 or v9. I would assume the "retake certificate" is just an exam voucher.

exactly what i thought
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • TechGuru80TechGuru80 Member Posts: 1,539 ■■■■■■□□□□
    If you have unlimited retakes why would you reschedule? You would have to wait 14 days but could get another shot before November.
  • knewboldknewbold Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    TechGuru80 wrote: »
    If you have unlimited retakes why would you reschedule? You would have to wait 14 days but could get another shot before November.

the noly time I have free is the 31st of October
    still hoping to take it then
  • TK1799_stTK1799_st Member Posts: 111
    just an opinion
  • Daniela VDaniela V Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm a little bit scared of this new version since I don't know if I'll make the cut. I am currently not working in security (more in app developlement) but have achieved the CEH v8 cert via the official course. Is it possible to take it again this year to revalidate it until 2016? My current certification expires on december.

Thanks a lot for your time
  • BillV_BillV_ Member Posts: 114 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Daniela V wrote: »
    I'm a little bit scared of this new version since I don't know if I'll make the cut. I am currently not working in security (more in app developlement) but have achieved the CEH v8 cert via the official course. Is it possible to take it again this year to revalidate it until 2016? My current certification expires on december.

Thanks a lot for your time
    I'm slightly confused. You've already earned your CEH? It is valid for 3 years, you can maintain it via continuing education credits. Taking the exam again is not required. It is an option though, and will renew your certification for another 3 years.