Need some help with a home work lab - OSPF connecting adjacency routers!

gbdavidxgbdavidx Member Posts: 840
Reading through my book and i didn't see anything like this, so im not sure why its in my home, but they are trying to connect a class a with a class b and forming a network together, is this even possible?

Here is my packet tracer file
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1k9snsazv0spiup/LabE04.pkt?dl=0

Could someone tell me thats done CCNA if this is even possible or if i'm missing somethikng? I am doing it exactly how it is in the lab and am not missing anything!

So frustrating when the labs they give you dont even work right out of the box

Comments

• scratcherbobscratcherbob Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Is there a router between the 2 networks?
  • gbdavidxgbdavidx Member Posts: 840
    yes... i have given ip addresses to all interfaces but can't ping both ends of the serial interfaces, its in the packet tracer lab file
  • scratcherbobscratcherbob Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Could you try with a static route first.
  • james43026james43026 Member Posts: 303 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Could you clarify exactly what you are trying to do in this lab? Also, the IP addressing on the serial links between the routers are mixed up. Router 2 has the incorrect IP address assigned to it, Router 1 has serial interface IP addresses backwards. Changing that around brought up the OSPF adjacency between R1 and R2. I'll let you figure out the rest.
  • DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
    Make sure the DCE side of the serial link has a clock rate with the 'show controllers' command.

Also in order for a serial link to make a connection the serial links both need to be in the same subnet or they won't pass traffic.
  • Ede890Ede890 Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I looked into it too and james is right and few more is wrong with the neighboring...To supplement your reading you should probably watch the CBTnuggets help me de-mist what the book couldn't.Just my 2cents icon_study.gif