Comments

• pwochnick1pwochnick1 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    It has been an interesting experience having this job posted at my company. Here are some tidbits that might be helpful in looking for a job:

1. Always send a cover letter. I was amazed at how many people didn't. How else are you going to distinguish yourself from the others? I know for this position if you didn't send a cover letter you weren't even considered.

2. Follow-up questionnaire. I don't know how common this practice is but my company does it. If an organization sends a follow-up questionnaire take the time to give thoughtful answers and full sentences. This is another opportunity to distinguish you from the others.

3. Always turn your cell phone off during an interview. Even on vibrate it is a distraction. And for god sakes don't pull it out to see who is calling you when you are being interviewed.
    Paul Wochnick
  • Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    Looks interesting.... Would the position require the applicant to have knowledge of programs from companies like Scala or Frame Rate?

I guess I should also ask about products like leightronix switches and scan converters...
  • dan87951dan87951 Member Posts: 107
    If your company was in Michigan I would be all over that! I love how the ad states the address, fax number, and who to contact. I don't even apply for jobs anymore unless those are listed because I found its a complete waste of time and the company must not be serious. I think I graduated with the wrong degree, I have plenty of experience, a BS in Computer Science and have been to many interviews and nothing. Job market sucks right now! icon_sad.gif
    Hehe.. I agree.
    If the job posting was in Michigan I would probably look into it as well...
    Depending on where in Michigan and what the pay is..

My current job has me working with a public access cable channel so I have a couple years of hands on experience with that... Although I looked over the job description really quickly and did not see that my experience would be required for the job anyway.
    Yeah, that does look like a good entry level tech job. I'm not actually looking for a job myself but I do keep an eye open if something looks better than what I have now.
  • dubbs112dubbs112 Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yeah i am in the same boat. I also live in michigan and i saw that posting go up about a week ago. A little far for me to drive though.
  • Young FredYoung Fred Member Posts: 80 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I too live in michigan but im not looking YET im still in school though so after i finish up my certs that i listed im will be looking.

(ALWAYS APPLY YOURSELF BEFORE YOU DENY YOURSELF)
    YoungFred.jpg