Has Any One Taken The CEH Lately

Fidellz254Fidellz254 Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
Has anyone taken the CEH lately i have my test for next week nov 3rd and I wanted to know is the test that much different form the material i studied for CEHv8 courseware ?

Comments

• cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,927 Mod
    Discussed ad nauseam here. Check the v8 vs. v9 threads.
  • wayne_wonderwayne_wonder Member Posts: 215 ■■■□□□□□□□
    1st rule of ceh fight club.................we dont talk about versions!!
  • E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,227 ■■■■■■■■■■
    The **** for both versions are identical so you should be in good shape. :D
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • Luc1anLuc1an Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi,

I did las Friday and... Well I dont know if it was v8, v9 or what �� ..... To be honest I did not focus on versions and tried to prepare myself as much as possible on latest vulnerabilities, tools and so on... I passes with 85%

Good luck bro!!
  • gncsmithgncsmith Member Posts: 459 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Sounds like a winning strategy! Congrats!
  • serene2013serene2013 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    That is a great news! with all these V9 discussion....wasnt even sure if i am ready enough to sit for exam. Could you please elaborate on your preparation on the latest vulnerabilities... books or articles you used.

In advance, many thanks!
  • Fidellz254Fidellz254 Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    E Double U wrote: »

What are ****?

I been reading the book and going over the practice questions in there and i think I'm doing pretty well any advice on latest vulnerabilities, tools and so on?
  • Luc1anLuc1an Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I had questions about shellshock and heartbleed, disaster recovery, metadata tools, radio frecuency, ceh code of conduct, bluetooth, cloud,.....

I can tell you that those who tell you to forget about versions are right.... As I had questions about topics which are in the EC COUNCIL v8 study materials and many others which are not. So lets say that the current exam is about up to date hacking stuff.
  • jonwinterburnjonwinterburn Member Posts: 161 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I've not yet sat this exam (I plan to at some point in the next 12 months), but I'm not concerned about all this fuss over versions, and questions not matching courseware etc. The way I see it - as with any of these type of exams - no courseware will be sufficient. I always use multiple sources to supplement my own experience. So what if you're asked questions that cover areas not included in the vendor's courseware? In real life, we have to deal with attackers who will utilise a multitude of attack vectors. As I see it, an exam should test your ability to understand and/or deal with issues within the area of knowledge and expertise you're claiming you have. Otherwise what's the point?
    Luc1an wrote: »
    I had questions about shellshock and heartbleed, disaster recovery, metadata tools, radio frecuency, ceh code of conduct, bluetooth, cloud,.....

I can tell you that those who tell you to forget about versions are right.... As I had questions about topics which are in the EC COUNCIL v8 study materials and many others which are not. So lets say that the current exam is about up to date hacking stuff.

I don't understand how they test us on stuff that's not in the course work unless we are suppose to be studying the CEHv9 course work
  • serene2013serene2013 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    @Luc1an thanks for the heads up.... greatly appreciated
  • supasecuritybrosupasecuritybro Member Posts: 206 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Fidellz254 wrote: »
    I don't understand how they test us on stuff that's not in the course work unless we are suppose to be studying the CEHv9 course work

They are not doing version numbers anymore but the information is up to date and you need to cover what is on the new course CEHv9 if you want to pass.
    Completed: CISSP, GPEN, GWAPT, CCSA R80, eJPT, CySA+, M.S. Information Security
    Current Goal: CCSE
    Continuous Education Plan:​ AWS-SAA, OSCP, CISM
    Book/CBT/Study Material:​ Max Power
  • TK1799_stTK1799_st Member Posts: 111
    1st rule of ceh fight club.................we dont talk about versions!!

hilarious!
    Luc1an wrote: »

Can you lead me in the right direction on the latest vulnerabilities because I don't know where to find the latest tools to study etc
  • IronmanXIronmanX Member Posts: 323 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Can you lead me in the right direction on the latest vulnerabilities because I don't know where to find the latest tools to study etc

Here you go: https://web.nvd.nist.gov/view/vuln/search-results?query=&search_type=all&cves=on icon_lol.gif

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I believe they will be just asking questions on the most relevant vulnerabilities. You are suppose to have at least 2 years of experience to take the test.

Any vulnerability with a logo I would think you should have really good knowledge of.

You really need to stay on top of the news to be a security professional. Daily reading is a must I would say http://arstechnica.com/security/
    I currently work for Military Intelligence and the CEH is a requirement for all employees at my job cause I'm a network admin at Ft Huachuca, Arizona. SO they said sign up for the test study gave me a PDF of most the books people used to study and some practice questions to help me get familiar of how they will as questions on the test
  • TK1799_stTK1799_st Member Posts: 111
    2nd rule of ceh fight club.................the objective lists have nothing to do with the exam - only the blueprint counts, which is even more vague!
  • danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Whenever there is an exam update, such as CISSP going from 10 domains to 8, or the CCNA, and the CEH with a new list of objectives, I always wait for the next volume of book to come out and study from that. It doesn't mean that the previous material is irrelevant, but I feel more secure and content that I'm studying the most updated criteria for the exam.
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
    @danny069 normally that would be the case for me but we have 2 months to get this certification so I really don't have much time been studying this material they gave me since Oct 5th. Then I get on here and find out theres new stuff to the test that i didn'd know was on there so I'm trying to get ready as soon as possible
  • BillV_BillV_ Member Posts: 114 ■□□□□□□□□□
    IronmanX wrote: »
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I believe they will be just asking questions on the most relevant vulnerabilities. You are suppose to have at least 2 years of experience to take the test.

Any vulnerability with a logo I would think you should have really good knowledge of.
    Yeah, that's probably a good way of putting it. You should probably know the major (e.g., "mass hysteria") vulnerabilities that have come out.
    E Double U wrote: »
    Huh, very interesting, and good to know. Thanks.
    Well, because the exam is not built from the courseware. Read through some of the other threads if you want details but bottom line is that it has to be an exam accessible to anyone, no matter how they choose to study (self-study with books, use the courseware, not study at all, etc.). You are not forced to purchase the EC-Council courseware or course to challenge the exam.
    @BillV_ I understand that perfectly! No one has answered my questions about the **** what is that and what is it used for ?
    @danny069 normally that would be the case for me but we have 2 months to get this certification so I really don't have much time been studying this material they gave me since Oct 5th. Then I get on here and find out theres new stuff to the test that i didn'd know was on there so I'm trying to get ready as soon as possible

Study the topics presented in the course objectives and the exam blueprint, from whatever source you choose, and spend the time to learn the common tools through hands-on usage.

Certified Ethical Hacker Exam Information
    @BillV_ I understand that perfectly! No one has answered my questions about the **** what is that and what is it used for ?

Well, I was being partially sarcastic with my reply. I assume he means "brain ****" or otherwise replicas of the exact exam questions on the Internet. I assure you, there are no copies of the current exam floating around the Internet. So if he's seeing "the same" **** for v8 and v9 (even though the exam is ANSI, and there are no versions, as alluded to above), and you choose to use **** (e.g., ****), you'll surely fail the exam. You're better off following what I said in my last post and studying. Not to mention, if you use **** on the exam, it's not very difficult to pull out your actual skill level in an interview. I got tired of interviewing people recently and just built a vulnerable web application instead. I give the candidate 3 hours to hack away, and then send me a report. Doesn't take long to determine if you know what you're doing or not icon_smile.gif
  • danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Agreed ^
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
    I didn't know what **** were. Like I said they want us having some knowledge of the CEH so they want us to get certified but we don't even use it here to be honest CCNA, CCNP are the certs we use most of the time
  • E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,227 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I didn't know what **** were.

LOL I was yanking your chain buddy.
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • GreaterNinjaGreaterNinja Member Posts: 271
    I plan on taking CEH soon. I've read the CEH v8 books for WGU. I'm now practicing the Boson tests. It appears I need some more knowledge of virus types and the actual tools...I guess I need to do more of the ilabs or whatever.
  • devilbonesdevilbones Member Posts: 318 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I didn't know what **** were. I do have a practice exam that was given to us by the instructors here. Like I said they want us having some knowledge of the CEH so they want us to get certified but we don't even use it here to be honest CCNA, CCNP are the certs we use most of the time
    FedVTE has CEH training on it. It is v8 though ;)