Passed the CASP! 10/26/15

danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
Man, that exam was no joke. Once I hit the last arrow button it said "Congrats you Passed" I thought it had said "Congrats you finished the exam" I thought I was dreaming, I still can't believe I passed. The simulations were killer. I read through the CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner CAS-002 Cert guide (kindle version) by Abernathy & McMillan. The book was an easy read, and covered the basics, however I felt like my coursework at my university currently in cisco netacad networking class, digital forensics class, previously took wireless security, network security, cyber threats & detection, (cyber security/digital forensics), previous security+ studying, and studying for the CEH also helped a lot. I felt it was an equal combination of managerial and technical scenarios. I had to really make some educated guesses on a few questions, the ones I didn't know right away I flagged, including two of the simulations. The main reason I took this exam was to renew my Sec+ as well. I am waiting for the newest CEH books to come out before I take that exam, I have my voucher in hand and looking to take that in November/December. Thanks to all of you here at Techexams for your support and knowledge! icon_lol.gif
I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None

Comments

• fuz1onfuz1on Member Posts: 961 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Super congrats! Looking to take a stab at CAS-002 in the near future as well.
    timku.com(puter) | ProHacker.Co(nsultant) | ITaaS.Co(nstultant) | ThePenTester.net | @fuz1on
    Transmosis | http://transmosis.com | LinkedIn | https://linkedin.com/in/t1mku
    If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it. - Epictetus
    The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows. - Buddha
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you. - Unknown
  • danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks fuz1on!
  • JasminLandryJasminLandry Member Posts: 601 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass. I'm looking to take this exam as well next year to renew Security+ and to prepare for CISSP which I would like to pass in 2-3 years.

Good luck to you on CEH!
    Thanks Jasmin! Good luck to you on the CASP as well as the CISSP!
  • impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

Thanks impelse!
  • Mike7Mike7 Member Posts: 1,107 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    danny069 wrote: »
    The simulations were killer.
    Same here. I was taken aback by the simulations as well.

The good news is that you are almost ready for CISSP. icon_cool.gif Just need to read up mainly managerial topics.
    CISSP also gives you the full 75 points required for CASP 3-year renewal.
    Thanks Mike! I have the CISSP on my list :) I appreciate all the insight!
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    congrats, I will be taking this in November. Currently I'm using Skillport to prep, and I'm going to a boot camp as well. I might pick up that kindle book though
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark