Skillsoft CISSP

hylaabhylaab Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
Has anyone used Skillsoft's CISSP course? I have access through my employer. It seems they have updated the course to include the new 2015 CISSP topics. Any feedback is highly appreciated.

Comments

• rony1234rony1234 Member Posts: 27 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I had access to skillsoft through my employer. Tried it for a short while and felt it was absolutely useless. You shouldn't bother spending time on skillsoft.
  • hylaabhylaab Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Rony,
    When did you use the course? If you are referring to the course prior to May 2015, I totally agree with you. I was actually surprised to see the new CISSP contents included in the Skillsoft's course.

Thanks for your feedback.
  • clarkincnetclarkincnet Member Posts: 256 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have tried Skillsoft twice over the last several years for two different study topics. Both times it was a bad experience (content, delivery method). The second time around they gave my team free access for three months; however, even free it wasn't worth it and it didn't keep my team motivated (which is partly the team's fault as well). Maybe Skillsoft has finally improved things - it's possible - it has been over a year since my last exposure to their material. Just sharing my experience. I never took their CISSP material.

My first exposure to the CISSP material was five years ago. I had an opportunity to take a CISSP class through work through Global Knowledge. The material was delivered live but over a webex style link (the classroom and instructor were in a different state). The material was dry but good I think - in all honesty, it was my first exposure, so what did I know?! Now that I am serious about taking the exam, I am looking at Training Camp.

Regardless of vendor, not everyone is going to have the same experience. Some will be good and some bad. There's a lot of good resources mentioned here in the forums. If you draw a thread through all the posts that start off "I passed..." and see what they used, then you can start to draw some common comparisons - that is what has helped me.
    Give a hacker an exploit, and they will have access for a day, BUT teach them to phish, and they will have access for the rest of their lives!

Have: CISSP, CISM, CRISC, CGEIT, ITIL-F
  • devilbonesdevilbones Member Posts: 318 ■■■■□□□□□□
    rony1234 wrote: »
    I had access to skillsoft through my employer. Tried it for a short while and felt it was absolutely useless. You shouldn't bother spending time on skillsoft.
    I had used Skillsoft exclusively through Syracuse VCTP and passed my CISSP. This was in spring of '14.
  • Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    i have not used it for CISSP, but I have used it for almost every cert I have. I think it is great. It is not something you can use as your only source, but as supplementary material it is fantastic.

Currently using it for CASP.
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • EJMADELINEEJMADELINE Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    devilbones wrote: »
    I had used Skillsoft exclusively through Syracuse VCTP and passed my CISSP. This was in spring of '14.

I'm in the program right now. Did you use anything else during your prep? I'm taking the SSCP in a few weeks. I'm not sure how helpful for CISSP it will be, but it does get me 24 SH credit for my bachelors.
  • hylaabhylaab Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Most of the new CISSP topics mentioned at https://cccure.training/m/articles/view/CISSP-CBK-2015-WHAT-WAS-ADDED
    are now included in the Skillport's CISSP course. The course itself is poorly designed, there is no in-depth explanation of the domains. It might be used as a refresher only.