Testing Center Pad: they use Ultra-Fine Sharpies

DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
Hey guys,

What would be good things besides of the subnetting chart (I can do this under 10 seconds now in my head and with fingers using block sizes may not write it out, lol never thought I'd say that), hex chart, administrative distances, standard and extended ACL's, common ports, etc.

Maybe show commands?

With a ultra-fine sharpie it allows a ton of crap to be written on the pad. I learned to write small with a blunt pen but with a fine tip, gee golly it's soooooo much more room....

When asked, the lady at the testing center, she said Pearson Vue gives all testing center Ultra-Fine tips, but some chose not to do it cause after a while it costs money. This testing center I go to is a training center and IT helpdesk/repair shop so they got income besides testing. the owner is really nice, he remember me by name now and has coffee for me once I get done, truly a nice testing experience. :) ... it's well worth the 1:40 minute drive to the place, plus com'on I got a Z28 I drive slow in those windy country roads...when KITT allows it.. icon_rolleyes.gif

Thoughts?

Comments

• bender_fender100bender_fender100 Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I wanna do that next time I go to the testing center. I had thought about buying my own very fine tip pen, but I didn't know if my testing center would allow that. The one I used there worked reasonably well but I tended to write bigger than normal with what they gave me.
    Working on CCENT and nearly almost there. Retake in December and pass, then after that, study for ICND2 and work on CCNA Security and look into Microsoft certifications. No previous IT certs.

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill
  • NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Unless you're writing out a chart for figuring out subnets or hex conversions, I never understood why you would write out a ton of stuff on them.

I guess I could see if you use acronyms for remembering things it could be useful though
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Personally I've never written anything down at an exam. If you can't memorize what you need you are probably rushing it a bit.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
    no idea, the Storage + i wrote a giant smiley on mine. I used it for nothing....

ICDN2 might be different.
  • PristonPriston Member Posts: 999 ■■■■□□□□□□
    for the CCNA I think I wrote down something like

128 64 32 16 8 4 2 1

2 126
    4 62
    8 30
    16 14
    32 6
    64 2

A simple visual makes it easier for me to double check my math. Other then that, not much of a need for the whiteboard
    A.A.S. in Networking Technologies
    A+, Network+, CCNA
  • TWXTWX Member Posts: 275 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I plan to write-out a subnet chart, but even then I have it memorized. It's more useful for subnetting class-b and class-a networks as I don't have a whole lot of cause to do that all of the time, just to make the rote math faster. Might add some wildcard masking to it too. Haven't decided.

Beyond that, anything that I could write-out I already have to memorize, so there's not a lot of point in writing it down once I've had it memorized.