How do you stay motivated?

Young FredYoung Fred Member Posts: 80 ■■□□□□□□□□
I just think of the things i want and life and that always recharges my battery.zapppppp
YoungFred.jpg

Comments

• sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Motivated for what, specifically?

Participating in this online community called TechExam.net motivates me to learn and study. icon_cool.gif

Watching the bills pile up at home motivates me to go to work every day. icon_lol.gif

Watching my children imitate what I do motivates me to be a better person. :)
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • strauchrstrauchr Member Posts: 528 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Was cash now its happiness. I am wondering if I will ever actually be happy in IT. But then certain amounts of cash can help happiness too.
  • eurotrasheurotrash Member Posts: 817
    My thirst for knowledge. :P
    witty comment
  • OlajuwonOlajuwon Inactive Imported Users Posts: 356
    I am ambitious. When I think about where I came from, I had nothing, my family had nothing. I realize that I am the only one that can change the family's situation, so I stay off the streets and keep my head straight. Now, I make 55k/yr at the age of 22 and it's just the beginning. I have the hunger for a lot more. My ambition is what motivates me the most.
    "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years"
  • AlienAlien Member Posts: 398
    Passion for technology and addiction to the internet. Its what i enjoy. I might not be the best at it but its what i do best...even with just a network+ ). icon_lol.gif
    Hard times on planet earth.
  • SmallguySmallguy Member Posts: 597
    I like knoiwing the answer and fell as soon as u stop trying to improve your skills in IT you will be left behind by others.

the last person in my position lost his job because he did not upgrade his skils
  • OpiOpi Member Posts: 127
    It's always nice to know more...but when i lost the motivation for a moment. I visit this board or think of a possible big monthly check someday, fantasising.
  • !30!30 Member Posts: 356
    What gives me motivation to learn and study more and more ? icon_eek.gif

It's a simple fact , you'd be surprize but I like knowing the question's asked by beginer's on this forum and other's.IO just really like knowing and I say : " Yes , I know this to "...oh no , I have to read more about it.. icon_wink.gif

Second , that sometime in the near future I'll become a respected person in IT world .

Normaly , third is for money .. coz I'll love somethime to buy myself a laptop from my own money ( my mother hasen't got money for one icon_sad.gif ) , but I'll buy one myself icon_twisted.gif
    Optimism is an occupational hazard of programming: feedback is the treament. (Kent Beck)
  • geekiegeekie Member Posts: 391
    ( my mother hasen't got money for one ) , but I'll buy one myself

Or you could be a nice boy and buy your mother a lappy.... :D
    Up Next : Not sure :o
  • itdaddyitdaddy Member Posts: 2,089 ■■■■□□□□□□
    umm.
    hope of more money!
    more money to do more fun things..
    have nicer things.
    but i enjoy IT and enjoy making things work; problem solving
    kind of like playing chess! i enjoy the mental orgasims i get
    from solving and issue and gaining knowledge.

plus i didnt want my son telling his friends (what does your dad do for a living? oh he is an IT guy for a credit union) not
    oh, he is chief fry and burger flipper at MC Donalds! been there done that!
    nevery again!
    pride in life doing what you love to do! andgetting paid for it.
    "Getting paid to play all day!" is better than digging a ditch!
    done that too!

icon_eek.gif
  • itdaddyitdaddy Member Posts: 2,089 ■■■■□□□□□□
    more money i have the hottier wife i can have!
    icon_lol.gif
  • keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    kids, money and aquiring more knowledge
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    the pursuit of financial freedom which in turn brings happiness.
  • bcairnsbcairns Member Posts: 280
    The fact that a five years ago I was making about half of what I am now.

And I am in the final stages of a job interviews to double my salary again.

The fact that i love to program and work on computers / networks really helps....makes it a little easier to get out of bed in the morning :)

Wanting a better life for my daughter is a huge factor as well.
  • TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    the fact that i want to go on dates lol, girls want someone to take them out.
  • rcooprcoop Member Posts: 183
    The thirst for knowledge... IT is one of the best careers for those that want to continue to learn, and yet will never learn everything.

I am not motivated by money, most likely because I make enough to take care of my family, and we have more than enough 'unneeded' stuff.

I am motivated by opportunities to learn and experience new things. I am motivated by making a difference, whether it be for an individual or company. Sometimes I am motivated because "it has to be done" and someone has to do it.

I find it easy to be happy, and happy for others.

Take Care,
    RCoop
    Working on MCTS:SQL Server 2005 (70-431) & Server+
  • Chivalry1Chivalry1 Member Posts: 569
    "Going to my mailbox". Let's see:

Power Bill
    Phone Bill
    Cable Bill
    Car Note
    House Note

Hey! What was the question again? LMAO
    "The recipe for perpetual ignorance is: be satisfied with your opinions and
    content with your knowledge. " Elbert Hubbard (1856 - 1915)
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    itdaddy wrote:
    more money i have the hottier wife i can have!
    icon_lol.gif
    ...and the more money you will spend because of her. icon_cry.gif
  • borumasborumas Member Posts: 244 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm motivated when I see others with less experience making much more money than myself but they have the certs. Wanting a nicer home and the ability to go on vacation without worrying about how much $ I have to spend is also some nice motivation, plus kids starting college in the next 4-6 years lol.
  • steve-o87steve-o87 Member Posts: 274
    Red bull and Money$$ icon_cool.gif
    I am the lizard King. I can do anything.
  • certstartcertstart Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Money is only a motivation on short term. In long term you must like what you do and enjoy..
    Admin of Cert Start