CCNP Route 300-101 - Study Material

Kenneth196Kenneth196 Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello all,

It's been over a year since I've gotten my CCNA R/S, and I need to jump back on the horse & start studying for the CCNP R/S.

What are your recommended study tools? I currently have:

* CBT Nuggets for 300-101 by Jeremy
* OCG
* GNS3 1.x Fundamentals CBT Nuggets (not CCNP related but I've used GNS3 just a little bit so I need to retrain myself)
*Kevin Wallace - Hands-on labs exam prep (looks like a series of videos but haven't checked it out yet)

I'd like to stay on the software side as much as possible for Route studying, so I'd like to use GNS3.

Should I take any of the above study material out or add any in? I've heard good things about the INE videos and FLG, which I probably the other main materials I don't have in my list, but would like some opinions.

Thanks!!
"Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day; teach that person to use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks." - Unknown

Comments

• shortstop20shortstop20 Member Posts: 161 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I personally do not care for INE's videos, they're boring and way too long. Kevin Wallace's Live Lessons covers the subject material much more concisely and quickly.
    CCNA Security - 6/11/2018
    CCNP TShoot - 3/7/2018
    CCNP Route - 1/31/2018
    CCNP Switch - 12/10/2015
    CCNA R/S - 1/14/2015
  • siggnationsiggnation Member Posts: 182
    Hi Ken,

I've gotten through to about the tail-end of ROUTE and have used the following materials:

1.) Downloaded the Exam Objectives
    2.) Read CCNP:ROUTE Simplified (contained most material, but had omissions due to new 300-101 exam material)
    3.) Read some of the Official 300-101 Cert Guide by Kevin Wallace to supplement missing details and fill in on key areas on the exam objectives.
    4.) Got Chris Bryant's CCNP Route Bootcamp and it has been very detailed; albeit, he can be a bit dry at times, but he provides full detailed explanations.
    5.) GNS3 is plenty to lab for ROUTE

Best,

-Sig
    Currently Reading:

CCIE Routing and Switching Written Exam v. 5.1
    CCIE Routing and Switching 5.0 OCG, Vol. I
    Cisco Lan Switching