ICND1 Scheduled for November 10th.

apks94apks94 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey all, I'm scheduled to take my ICND1 the 10th of November. I feel pretty confident. The study materials that I have used are the Cisco Networking Academy, Cisco CCENT / CCNA ICND1 Official Cert Guide, and 31 Days Before Your CCENT Certification Exam. Pretty much the only things that I have left to be 100% confident on passing are ACL's, OSPF, and IPv6. Everything else I feel pretty good with, Switching, Subnetting, etc. Anyways, wish me luck. And if any of you guys have any tips or feedback, that'd be greatly appreciated. Thanks, and have a good one. I plan on checking back here in the days to come and I'll let you guys know how I did.

Comments

• ksijurksijur Member Posts: 89 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck! Keep us posted.
  • bender_fender100bender_fender100 Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    apks94 wrote: »
    Hey all, I'm scheduled to take my ICND1 the 10th of November. I feel pretty confident. The study materials that I have used are the Cisco Networking Academy, Cisco CCENT / CCNA ICND1 Official Cert Guide, and 31 Days Before Your CCENT Certification Exam. Pretty much the only things that I have left to be 100% confident on passing are ACL's, OSPF, and IPv6. Everything else I feel pretty good with, Switching, Subnetting, etc. Anyways, wish me luck. And if any of you guys have any tips or feedback, that'd be greatly appreciated. Thanks, and have a good one. I plan on checking back here in the days to come and I'll let you guys know how I did.
    Good luck and I hope you do quite well!
    Working on CCENT and nearly almost there. Retake in December and pass, then after that, study for ICND2 and work on CCNA Security and look into Microsoft certifications. No previous IT certs.

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill
  • apks94apks94 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Well... I took the exam to day. I was extremely nervous. I think that's what led to my score being so low. I don't know if I can post my score or not, but I'm pretty sure I failed by one question. It's kind of funny though, because I scored higher on the things that I thought I was going to score low on and the opposite is also true. I scored low on the things that I "thought" I knew. Well, in any case I know what I need to study. My retake is already scheduled for next Tuesday.
  • siggnationsiggnation Member Posts: 182
    You'll do great. Be mindful of your subnetting and take the opportunity during the 15 minute survey to plot a subnet chart.
    Currently Reading:

CCIE Routing and Switching Written Exam v. 5.1
    CCIE Routing and Switching 5.0 OCG, Vol. I
    Cisco Lan Switching
  • TallDude7TallDude7 Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    you have to write out the subnet table on the dry erase pads before starting the exam. there is no time limit before you can start the exam. you don't want to be doing binary math which will kill all of your time
  • JamesKurtovichJamesKurtovich Member Posts: 195

You got this. I just took the exam and it was mostly switching, routing, and subnetting.

I recommend writing out a CIDR **** sheet that makes sense to you to help you out during the exam.

Also, pay attention. You wouldn't believe how many people skip the sims because they hit "Next" instead of the number of the next question (it's usually 4-6 questions per sim).
    Good luck on the test! Writing out that subnetting table at the beginning is really helpful especially since you need to do well on the simulator questions and have enough time to get through them.
    Working on CCENT and nearly almost there. Retake in December and pass, then after that, study for ICND2 and work on CCNA Security and look into Microsoft certifications. No previous IT certs.

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill
    Here's another tip. My first tech exam I almost failed because I was so nervous. I was literally shaking. Thank god it was CompTIA and was able to go back and change answers. After I calmed down I went back and corrected most of the incorrect and passed with an 850. Sometimes nerves will get you. When I took ICND1 I sat there for 10 minutes before hitting Start to calm down. my brain was relaxed and I knew almost all the answers and got a 960/1000. Remain calm and you'll pass if you know the material
  • apks94apks94 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I retook the exam this morning and passed. I sat there for a little before the exam started and did some breathing exercise. I have college starting in January and plan on taking some CCNA classes. I feel good. Thanks everyone! Oh and as for the subnetting, I got every single question right on that part.
    I retook the exam this morning and passed. I sat there for a little before the exam started and did some breathing exercise. I have college starting in January and plan on taking some CCNA classes. I feel good. Thanks everyone! Oh and as for the subnetting, I got every single question right on that part.
    Congrats! Relaxing and taking a breath before the test can really make a difference. Good luck with ICND2.

• CiscoWayneCiscoWayne Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□

Well done mate! Congrats
    CCENT [X] CCNA [X] CCNP Switch [ ] CCNP Route [ ] CCNP Troubleshoot [ ]
    Now working on CCNP Switch

Congrats! relaxing before the exam is the key
  • stunnedsoupstunnedsoup Member Posts: 120
    Awesome! Congratulations!
    Cisco: CCENT COLOR=#ff0000]✔[/COLOR CCNA COLOR=#ff0000]✔[/COLOR || MCSE: 70-410 COLOR=#ff0000]✔[/COLOR 70-411 [ ] 74-409 COLOR=#ff0000]✔[/COLOR 70-534 [ ] || VMWare: VCP [ ]