is N+ really that hard?

G.O.A.TG.O.A.T Member Posts: 138
I have 0 Networking experience and very very basic knowledge, do you think I should attempt this one? I dont have my A+ either

Comments

• NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    it goes over the very basics, you'll be fine. GL!
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    It's very entry level knowledge in networking you will learn about cabling, OSI model, ports, and protocols. You should be fine!! ;)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,228 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Network+ is perfect for someone with zero networking experience.
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • G.O.A.TG.O.A.T Member Posts: 138
    Thanks, but what about someone with not much hardware exposure? I could probably build a computer but thats it.
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Then why take this cert?

The certification will cover what is included in the objectives (download and review to see how much is familiar to you) and is geared toward a candidate WITH experience?

Why not gain some experience (lab, volunteer or something) and then take the cert? What's the rush?

Nothing wrong with stretching oneself, but no real need to tack on certs that don't measure ones skillset.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • hannismhannism Member Posts: 112
    G.O.A.T wrote: »
    I have 0 Networking experience and very very basic knowledge, do you think I should attempt this one? I dont have my A+ either

Learn as you go. We all had to start at 0. Some people without networking experience go after the CCNA. So, don't let your lack of experience deter you.
    Obtained: CompTIA Linux+ [X] CompTIA Security + [X] CCENT [X] CCNA: Routing and Switching [X] CCNA: Security [X] CCNA: Wireless [X] Linux Server Professional (LPIC-1) [X] SUSE Certified Linux Administrator [X]
    Currently studying: Red Hat Certified System Administrator > Red Hat Certified System Engineer > CISSP
  • OctalDumpOctalDump Member Posts: 1,722
    Read and do. Get the Network+ books, read them, but also try doing some of the stuff - small LAN, change ethernet settings (see how things work when running 10mbit half duplex), change the DHCP range on your home router, try static network addresses, set up a port forward, get a packet analyser like Wireshark and look at some traffic, whatever else seems interesting. Then you won't have 0 experience, and will have more than very basic knowledge. Problem solved :)
    2017 Goals - Something Cisco, Something Linux, Agile PM
  • liz4rdliz4rd Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The N10-006 is meant to be a lot harder than the N10-005. Just make sure you prepare well and download the objectives from CompTIA.