Options

CISM weaver?

DaRkFiReDaRkFiRe Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello everyone,
I currently have only 3 years of security management experience, but I also have Master's degree in IT from a Bulgarian university.
Can I use my masters degree as a 2 Two-Year Substitution for work experience?

Comments

• Options
    TongyTongy Member Posts: 234
    A masters in IT but can't use google ;) (joke!)

How to Become CISM Certified
  • Options
    Hey Tongy,
    I've already reviewed the entire ISACA website and also the application itself, but some of my certified colleagues insist that Bulgarian universities are not recognized by ISACA, and i cannot use my education as a weaver..
  • Options
    Mike7Mike7 Member Posts: 1,107 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Why not get confirmation directly from ISACA? Email them
  • Options
    Perhaps contacting them directly will give you a more definitive and concrete answer.

There appears to be no distinction on the nation in which the degree was earned. Personally I'd have said yes, it counts.

Ask your colleagues to provide you with where it states that only degrees from certain countries are accepted... "Oh, you hold a masters from a non-G7 country.... Sorry...." Sounds like your co-workers are winding you up.
  • Options
    One other way would be take the CISM exam......Then in the new year take security+ which knocks a year off and should be easy for you with your education.
  • Options
    Thank you everyone! I've sent the question directly to ISACA and will post the results here..