Valid CEHv9 ****

cehv9cehv9 Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
Anybody got their hands on valid CEHv9 ****? Have not seen anything on the Actual Tests website so far.

Comments

• OctalDumpOctalDump Member Posts: 1,722
    You don't need ****. You need to study more :D. It's not an advanced exam, so a bit of study goes a long way. Alternatively, take the classes from EC Council. The v9 curriculum seems to be on offer now.
    I'd recommend also knowledge to Security+ level, since there's some cross over.
    2017 Goals - Something Cisco, Something Linux, Agile PM
  • 636-555-3226636-555-3226 Member Posts: 975 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Dumping a security exam is a bad idea. If you're looking for any type of job where CEH is useful and you can't even perform up to a real CEH level because you never learned the stuff, you're going to get fired real soon. Security's a tough job to fake.
    Dumping a security exam is a bad idea. If you're looking for any type of job where CEH is useful and you can't even perform up to a real CEH level because you never learned the stuff, you're going to get fired real soon. Security's a tough job to fake.

Yes, this too. After all, what does that middle "E" stand for?
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    OP, do you really suck so much at this field that you feel the need to lose your dignity by being unethical and use stolen intellectual property to pass? What sense of achievement and pride does this give you?
  • danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You'll be a CUH. Certified Unethical Hacker. And what are you going to do after they audit you with another test that doesn't have your **** questions and answers? You're only cheating yourself.
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
  • binarysoulbinarysoul Member Posts: 993
    This is a joke, right?
  • cehv9cehv9 Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Is this a joke? Well yeah, all of EC Council is a joke. Have you guys seen this ? Most of their course material is plagiarized(Ethical, huh?) and is utter ****. Ask anyone with more than a couple of years of experience what they think of EC Council's materials. Anyone with half a brain would see its a blatant, unorganized copy/paste of various materials(often outdated) on the internet. I will later do a review of the course contents taking a few slides and pointing out the bullshit in it. But for now read these:

CEH Review | markhaase.com
    Run Away From The CEH Certification

Then why the heck am I looking for **** for this cert, one may ask!
    Unfortunately my job requires me to have this cert! I have enough experience and know-how to do the job without the cert and will not be spending even a second preparing for this crap. The HR want it, the HR shall get it, I shall not be losing my precious time behind this ****!
    If you do have the experience and know-how, just read the v8 book and look over the v9 info on the website. It's not really a tough exam if you know your stuff.
    Some of the questions are taken verbatim from the course materials. You do need to go through their content to understand what they want as the answer. And this is what pisses me off. Many of their questions are understood only in the context of the their course materials.
  • IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    I don't get it... if the questions are verbatim off their material and it's that easy of a test, why not just study? Why bother dumping it?
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
    Cause every time I go through the material, I feel like tearing my hair out. Its like finding a few needles in a haystack full of rubbish. I rather just have those needles and be done with it.
  • IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    I took the CEH and passed. It might be frustrating to study tools that aren't really used as much anymore but it's not an exam like the CISSP where they want you to apply it in fluffy Management terms. It's more of knowing how to use and the output of said tools and some best practices stuff in there. I don't really know what you're getting so worked up over but I don't think it's a good enough justification on why you should **** on you exam. If you don't agree with the ethics of EC-Council, go ahead and raise that to your boss. If you **** the exam, you're no more ethical than you claim they are.

Believe me, I'm no fan of EC-Council and I don't put it on my resume and it'll probably be expiring soon, but I got it as part of my MS degree and I didn't find it too challenging. I read a book, did some labs, and passed the test in about a month and a half.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
    cehv9 wrote: »
    Cause every time I go through the material, I feel like tearing my hair out. Its like finding a few needles in a haystack full of rubbish. I rather just have those needles and be done with it.

One way to approach that, is to take that as part of the test. The ability to wade through. To take on a new terminology. To pass a test on its own terms and not yours. A good part of work life involves that kind of compromise, unfortunately.

I'm not sure that **** would be much better purely from a time/effort perspective. It's 125 questions. Assume that they use a pool of questions like everyone else, it's likely hundreds of questions. You need to read and answer all of them and each question where you have any doubt, you'd have to look up the answers. It'd likely take just as long as wading through the book.

The Boson exam engine was pretty good content wise and question style wise for v8. I can't imagine that there has been a radical change. Doing that would give you an indication. Combined with the v9 info and maybe a bit of reading.

I'd suggest just do the exam. The pass mark is only 70%, so that's a good sized buffer.
  • volfkhatvolfkhat Member Posts: 1,046 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Hmmm,

Say what you will about this poster's mindset... but he's at least generating a discussion/awareness on the matter.

Furthermore, i didn't realize how much of a sham this cert/company actually was.
    i've seen random bashings regard the cert... but nothing substantial.

This Thread has actually saved me potential time & effort (later down the line).

And for That... i say it has value.
  • BillV_BillV_ Member Posts: 114 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Some of the questions are taken verbatim from the course materials. You do need to go through their content to understand what they want as the answer. And this is what pisses me off. Many of their questions are understood only in the context of the their course materials.

1) If you have the knowledge and experience - you don't need to study. Go sign up for and take the exam tomorrow. You should pass.
    2) The questions are not taken from the course materials, at all. You don't need to read any of their material to successfully pass the test or answer the questions.
  • BillV_BillV_ Member Posts: 114 ■□□□□□□□□□
    volfkhat wrote: »
    Hmmm,

Say what you will about this poster's mindset... but he's at least generating a discussion/awareness on the matter.

Furthermore, i didn't realize how much of a sham this cert/company actually was.
    i've seen random bashings regard the cert... but nothing substantial.

This Thread has actually saved me potential time & effort (later down the line).

And for That... i say it has value.

There have been some issues but for the two links referenced... one was from 2006. The other was more a bit more recent but the author stated he took v7, and there was a major overhaul from v7 to v8.

I'm not really going to tell anyone what to do one way or the other though, that's your call and whether you think it will benefit or not.
  • mokazmokaz Member Posts: 172

I hear you dude, honestly I've just got that book:
    http://www.amazon.com/Certified-Ethical-Hacker-Bundle-Second/ and studied for a good month on it and passed. Though the book and my exam were in sync, namely v8.. So either wait for some decent v9 publications or go ahead with v8 study materials and the v9 exam, i think you'll nail it..