CEH v9 Materials are now available on the site

tomatotuxtomatotux Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
I saw yesterday they had posted the new materials. It's labeled as v9, so I don't know. But that means it will only take a few weeks and we should get the updated copies of All-In-One so here's hoping!

Comments

• tomatotuxtomatotux Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Also a quick note for everyone. Cybrary.it has some free video lectures on ethical hacking and pen testing. I'm currently using it to brush up on my skills and ensure I am ready for the exam. Dig on Google, find resources, study your ass off and beast the exam. From what I'm hearing it's tough but not impossible.

If you have a laptop, get virtualbox, kali, trial versions of windows and a couple of linux servers and hack the crap out of them. Look at what it took to pop shell and then run forensics tools on it and figure out what happened.

The CEH is a credential that validates a skill set. Google and work gets that skill. I'll help anyone I can if anyone wants a study buddy.

Sorry, got my coffee with a shot of pissed off this morning so I'm going to beast this thing!
  • Fidellz254Fidellz254 Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Im interested got my test next Wednesday
  • Sch1smSch1sm Member Posts: 64 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • wayne_wonderwayne_wonder Member Posts: 215 ■■■□□□□□□□
    WOW $850 for a bunch of slides and rehashed stuff from Ceh v8 seems exessive
  • Sch1smSch1sm Member Posts: 64 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Does anyone know when the new all in one book (or something similar) will be released? The EC-Council material is awful but I'd like something based on version 9 to study.
  • wayne_wonderwayne_wonder Member Posts: 215 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Not sure one is even in the works at the moment so it's a lot of googling and gathering info
  • Mike7Mike7 Member Posts: 1,107 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Sch1sm wrote: »
    Does anyone know when the new all in one book (or something similar) will be released? The EC-Council material is awful but I'd like something based on version 9 to study.

You need to give Matt Walker time. I understand he usually takes the exam first before writing a new edition.
    For comparison, CISSP new outline was out April this year, and Eric Conrad's CISSP Study Guide, 3rd edition has yet to be released.

You can look at the CEH v9 course outline and read up on the new areas. Both HeartBleed and Poodle were listed in the Cryptography section.
  • mycybersecmycybersec Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Regarding something similar: another book, CEHv9: Certified Ethical Hacker Version 9 Study Guide 3rd Edition by Sean-Philip Oriyano (Publisher: Sybex), will be available on April 25, 2016.
  • testing010101testing010101 Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    WOW $850 for a bunch of slides and rehashed stuff from Ceh v8 seems exessive

Definitely not worth it.
  • paradise0paradise0 Banned Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i have lab and slides ceh9

any one want it till me and i will send it

but i have not any exam

any one have exam or any ceh v9 exam or practice online < offline plz send it
  • slyweexslyweex Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    mycybersec wrote: »
    Regarding something similar: another book, CEHv9: Certified Ethical Hacker Version 9 Study Guide 3rd Edition by Sean-Philip Oriyano (Publisher: Sybex), will be available on April 25, 2016.

Sean-Philip's book, per my opinion is much less worth buying. From my personal experience even "v8" book of Matt Walker will be easier to read, understand and get you prepared for "v9" exam Sean-Philip's.
  • mawuenamawuena Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hey can i get it please.
  • chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    tomatotux wrote: »
    Sorry, got my coffee with a shot of pissed off this morning so I'm going to beast this thing!

This is how I wake up every morning eager to beast my way through my studies. icon_cool.gif
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • Agil425Agil425 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hi paradise0. Could you please send me materials by mail or link to download
  • bassmen999bassmen999 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm going to get this cert!
  • emilyanncremilyanncr Banned Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Agil425 wrote: »
    hi paradise0. Could you please send me materials by mail or link to download
    you can also download CEHv9 courseware from torrent sites for free.
  • clementandreclementandre Member Posts: 5 ■■□□□□□□□□
    the course ware is only slides?
  • UsualSuspect7UsualSuspect7 Member Posts: 97 ■■■□□□□□□□
    mycybersec wrote: »

I read the CEHv8, when I took the practice exam I kept running across two to three questions that wasn't listed in the book. I'm wandering which material would be best to study?
    CISSP, CCENT, CCNA R/S, CCNA Cyber OPs, Security+, CySA+, PenTest+, Network+, Microsoft AZ-900, InsightVM CA
  • Ganesh KrishnanGanesh Krishnan Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I got the authentic CEH V9 material :). Got it from Ecouncil. Its totally 3 books which includes one Lab manual.
    icon_cheers.gif
  • chrsnldechrsnlde Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    My work paid around $2,000 for the Official EC-Counci for my coworker. His package included a really cool backpack and access to the Boson ExSim software. Not going to lie, I was super jealous about the backpack. However, a word of warning about the Boson software. My buddy who passed last week, told me that kept taking the sample tests over and over until he consistently got 90%, but when it came test time he was really upset because the material and exam questions he was studying didn't match up to the real thing. However, he studied like a maniac for three to four weeks and passed with 83% relying solely on the Official training material.

I did the self-study route, opting to buy CEH v8 material off Amazon and a few other books specific to the most popular programs (Wireshark, Nmap, Metasploit). For lectures I relied on CBT Nuggets and ITV Tech Pro CEH v8 videos. Hak5 videos on nmap were really helpful too. I passed the exam today, but I don't know the score. My tip would be to focus heavily on the tools, PKI, and cryptography.
  • IronmanXIronmanX Member Posts: 323 ■■■□□□□□□□
    chrsnlde wrote: »
    My work paid around $2,000 for the Official EC-Counci for my coworker. His package included a really cool backpack and access to the Boson ExSim software. Not going to lie, I was super jealous about the backpack. However, a word of warning about the Boson software. My buddy who passed last week, told me that kept taking the sample tests over and over until he consistently got 90%, but when it came test time he was really upset because the material and exam questions he was studying didn't match up to the real thing. However, he studied like a maniac for three to four weeks and passed with 83% relying solely on the Official training material.

I did the self-study route, opting to buy CEH v8 material off Amazon and a few other books specific to the most popular programs (Wireshark, Nmap, Metasploit). For lectures I relied on CBT Nuggets and ITV Tech Pro CEH v8 videos. Hak5 videos on nmap were really helpful too. I passed the exam today, but I don't know the score. My tip would be to focus heavily on the tools, PKI, and cryptography.

What no T-Shirt in with the backpack?

I liked the course. Didn't find the course books all that helpful. The lab book was pretty good.
  • underglundergl Registered Users Posts: 2 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I read the CEHv8, when I took the practice exam I kept running across two to three questions that wasn't listed in the book. I'm wandering which material would be best to study?

Can you share it?
  • underglundergl Registered Users Posts: 2 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I got the authentic CEH V9 material :). Got it from Ecouncil. Its totally 3 books which includes one Lab manual.
    icon_cheers.gif

Can you share it ? please...
  • Cyber91Cyber91 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi paradise0, could you please send me materials by mail. Thank you.
  • b@L@Gb@L@G Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Ganesh,
    could you please send me materials by email. Thank you.
    Balaji K
This discussion has been closed.