What do you feel is the most POWERFUL certification?

Young FredYoung Fred Member Posts: 80 ■■□□□□□□□□
i have no clue but i would think you would need to take like 7 or 8 exams to get it lol!
YoungFred.jpg

Comments

• rockstar81rockstar81 Member Posts: 151
    CCIE gets the respect IMO
  • CessationCessation Member Posts: 326
    rockstar81 wrote:

Ya, its kind of hard to beat the CCIE
    A+, MCP(270,290), CCNA 2008.
    Working back on my CCNA and then possibly CCNP.
  • int80hint80h Member Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Cessation wrote:
    rockstar81 wrote:

PE trumps CCIE. In the US it is illegal to hold certain government jobs without a PE. PE is also mutch harder to achieve than CCIE.
  • OlajuwonOlajuwon Inactive Imported Users Posts: 356
    int80h wrote:
    Cessation wrote:
    rockstar81 wrote:

PE trumps CCIE. In the US it is illegal to hold certain government jobs without a PE. PE is also mutch harder to achieve than CCIE.

PE is Professional Engineering(civil, mechanical, electrical and chemical). I believe the question is about the hardest IT certification. CCIE wins hands down.
    "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years"
  • Young FredYoung Fred Member Posts: 80 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yeah i was refering to IT certifications, so i think by now most of you agree ccie is the most sought after cert
    YoungFred.jpg
  • supertechCETmasupertechCETma Member Posts: 377
    int80h wrote:

that's because a Professional Engineer is a license and is regulated by state statute and enforcable by law.
    Electronic Technicians Association-International www.eta-i.org
    The Fiber Optic Association www.thefoa.org
    Home Acoustics Alliance® http://www.homeacoustics.net/
    Imaging Science Foundation http://www.imagingscience.com/
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Young Fred wrote:
    Yeah i was refering to IT certifications, so i think by now most of you agree ccie is the most sought after cert
    No, you asked what is the most powerful cert, and to that I agree - it's the CCIE. It's not the most sought after though, that's a different question.

I'm not sure what could be considered a "close second" since nothing is really close to the CCIE in difficulty, but CISSP is becoming very respected now with all the emphasis on security.
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    CCIE. Hands-down, gets my respect. CISSP is certainly a close second....
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • frankj1247frankj1247 Member Posts: 111
    If you're a certified PIMP, you ride gold baby!!!
  • EdTheLadEdTheLad Member Posts: 2,111 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Most powerful cert i've seen is the one i was given after doing a great job in
    a colouring competion for the local fire station,mind you i didnt win, everyone got these certs.Anyway it was alot more powerful than these flimsy cisco certs,its made from some top quality cardboard, i can roll it up like a microphone,pretend i'm elvis, after a rendition of "jail house rock" its still good as new.With my ccna cert after one blast of "Heartbreak Hotel" it was ruined" to make up for my loss i'm back studying for the damn ccnp, but this time i'm thinking something along the lines of "love me tender" i'll leave the more powerful songs to my powerful fire station colouring comp cert.
    Networking, sometimes i love it, mostly i hate it.Its all about the $$$$
  • MunckMunck Member Posts: 150
    CCIE wins hands down!
  • strauchrstrauchr Member Posts: 528 ■■■□□□□□□□
    A dramatic way to ask an age old question. The most powerful......... well it depends on what you do (cliche answer!) CCIE would be of no benefit to me because I am an MS boy. I have gotten quite far with an MCSE and this new MCA cert might rival CCIE as the highest cert to achieve, not necessarily in technical might.
  • AlienAlien Member Posts: 398
    CCIE but CISSP is quickly gaining ground but all in all, experience is the real gold.

GETTING IN THE INDUSTRY

1- Certified professional wanted
    2- Work and study hard to get certified
    3- Apply for jobs
    4- If you get the job skip to 7 otherwise proceed to 5
    5- NO JOB WITHOUT EXPERIENCE
    6- Go back to 2 or stay in 3
    7- Gain experience and keep working on your certs

Just my coffee break 2 cts icon_wink.gif
    Hard times on planet earth.
  • Danman32Danman32 Member Posts: 1,243
    I'd say CCIE also, though MCA may give it a run for its money.
  • bcairnsbcairns Member Posts: 280
    I think it all depends ....what is your definition of most powerful.

I mean a CCIE is very sought after but if you are applying for a programming position then a CCIE will not even get your foot in the door.

Personally I think a better question is....."what is the most powerful cert in each field?"

My votes would be...

Networking = CCIE or MCA
    Security = CISSP
    Programming = MCPD Enterprise or MCA
    Server Admin = MCSE:M:S / RHCE

Granted I could be wrong but the above are my opinions.

And as Alien stated, Experience is the key.
  • EdTheLadEdTheLad Member Posts: 2,111 ■■■■□□□□□□
    bcairns wrote:
    Personally I think a better question is....."what is the most powerful cert in each field?"

I think a better question would be "what is the most prestigious cert in each field?" icon_lol.gif
    Networking, sometimes i love it, mostly i hate it.Its all about the $$$$
  • Young FredYoung Fred Member Posts: 80 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Ok i get it i should have worded the question better. do you guys wanna get off my back now lol
    YoungFred.jpg