CCIE Security Written - Recommended Books

Network_EngineerNetwork_Engineer Member Posts: 142 ■■■□□□□□□□
[h=3]What are your top 3 books?

Cisco Press Titles[/h]
[h=3]Other Publications[/h]

Comments

• Options
    I started reading the following 3 books. They were recommended by Piotr Kaluzny at IPX. He is the CCIE Security bootcamp instructor.
  • Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Wow that's a huge reading list. How fast are you reading (pages per hour)? My speed of reading is apparently just marginally better than a 3rd grader. Also did you know there is a newer 3rd edition of the Cisco ASA All-in-one book. Good luck in your studies!
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    Pages per hour...lol Go speed reader go! I do not read the books cover to cover. I cherry pick specific topics based on the blue print and my strategy. The books listed on my post came from the Cisco written study/learn resources page. I have free access to 24x7 books with the military and most books on the list are available. However, logging on is a pain so I purchased a few used books off Amazon. I also combine my INE/IPX workbooks when reviewing a topic to get a full understanding of the configuration and results. I do more reading from a search on Cisco documentation, which helps as the features on ASAs and other devices vary based on the software version.

I purchased rack rentals from IPX yesterday. They have a promo where you can get double the sessions for the price of one. In other words I purchased 100 sessions and received an extra 100. I need more hands on time to study ISE, WSA and ACS. I thought about deploying the ISE iso in my lab. Has anyone deployed ISE in their lab and had success? I am also including the IPX written VOD by Piotr Kalunzy. The plan is to pass the written in the next 90 days.

Study/Learn Resources - Cisco Systems
  • Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    That's a qualm I have with Cisco's security track. They have books specifically for the CCIE R&S written, but not the latest security written.

Iris had this thread on installing ISE in her lab: Studying, Labbing, and Implementing Cisco ISE
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework