Options

Failed The CEH Today

Fidellz254Fidellz254 Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
Just got back from the testing center very disappointed because I though I knew the exam pretty well was scoring in the 85-90 % on my practice test and I still Failed with a 57%. I have to go back and study and get ready to take the test again because my job depends on it. So I can honestly say I understand what everyone was saying about the test. It has me really bummed out.

Comments

• Options
    danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Sorry to hear, you'll get it next time, does it give you a scoring of domains? Anything that stumped you?
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
  • Options
    Fidellz254Fidellz254 Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Naw it doesn't but I will say you need t o know the lab material and the Questions about Shellshocked and Heartbleed I had got about 5 questions on those together
  • Options
    serene2013serene2013 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Fidellz254 wrote: »
    Naw it doesn't but I will say you need t o know the lab material and the Questions about Shellshocked and Heartbleed I had got about 5 questions on those together

I am sorry to hear that !
    What do you think about the V8 course material? I was thinking to stick to the V8 and read extra notes on heart bleed and shell shock, would that b sufficent ?

As for the lab, do we need to know other than the obvious nmap,snort ..... Kindly advice

I just don't wanna waste 500USD...

Thanks for your feedback .
  • Options
    wayne_wonderwayne_wonder Member Posts: 215 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Did you get chance to learn some of the new stuff? or did you go through v8
  • Options
    Mike7Mike7 Member Posts: 1,107 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Fidellz254 wrote: »

For those who self-study using the AIO book, you may want to supplement by looking at Ethical Hacking and Countermeasures Course Outline | EC-Council.

Read up on topics not covered by your books. For example under Cryptography section,
    • Case Study: Heartbleed
    • Case Study: Poodlebleed

Hope this helps and best of luck for those taking the exam.