CEH Exam Changes - Post here if you took the exam after October 15th, 2015

GreaterNinjaGreaterNinja Member Posts: 271
With the significant changes to CEH exam by EC council I think we should post our success and failure stories here so others like myself can make more informed decisions as to whether taking the test is a good idea or not. Additionally, those of us who fail can form a strategy on how to pass.

Please post:

1. If you passed or failed. A percentage will help too. Please don't be ashamed as I see a lot of people are failing lately.
2. The date you took the exam. (very important)
3. What materials you used to pass. (Boson, totaltest, Official CEH v8 material, Official CEH online labs, Matt Walker AIO, etc.)
4. How many years of direct Infosec experience you have on the job.
5. If you have any other InfoSec certs.
6. How much time it actually took you to complete the exam.
7. What things surprised you on the exam.
7. Any other things you'd like to add. The more we know the better.

Thank you guys, please keep the posts short, sweet, simple (unlike me).

Comments

• supasecuritybrosupasecuritybro Member Posts: 206 ■■■■□□□□□□
    This post has come up a few times but I do not mind sharing my experience from time to time. Full disclosure, I am in the appeal process with ECC right now pending response on my appeal still.

1. If you passed or failed. A percentage will help too. Please don't be ashamed as I see a lot of people are failing lately.
    - Failed, 63%
    2. The date you took the exam. (very important)
    - 10/19/2015
    3. What materials you used to pass. (Boson, totaltest, Official CEH v8 material, Official CEH online labs, Matt Walker AIO, etc.)
    - Matt Walker AIO and Study guide, Secure Ninja CEHv8 course, CBT Nuggets CEHv8, at home labs
    4. How many years of direct Infosec experience you have on the job.
    - 10 years
    5. If you have any other InfoSec certs.
    - CISSP
    6. How much time it actually took you to complete the exam.
    - 1 hour and change
    7. What things surprised you on the exam.
    - Shellshock, Heartbleed, ALEvsSLEvsARO, HDD failures
    8. Any other things you'd like to add. The more we know the better.
    - I was ready to fork out more money and take the test but I saw that I was not the only one who ran into this issue with the test. I started the process of putting in a ticket and it got sent back with very little follow through. It bothered me that it was like that but I would imagine I was not the only one who said something. I believe ECC has been trying to not be swayed by the amount of people who have complained and waited for the formal process to be used before putting some investigation into this. Honestly, there have been a few people popping up on the forum stating they passed and they didn't see anything out of scope of what they studied. I do not know what was different in their case but then again, some people are better test takers in general. I know people who passed the CISSP without much studying or even knowing much about security.

I believe that it will be resolved with those who have followed the appeal process. It probably will not be a full refund or voucher, but at least they are looking into it now. If you have ran into some of this, file the appeal and see what happens.
    Completed: CISSP, GPEN, GWAPT, CCSA R80, eJPT, CySA+, M.S. Information Security
    Current Goal: CCSE
    Continuous Education Plan:​ AWS-SAA, OSCP, CISM
    Book/CBT/Study Material:​ Max Power