Studied for CEH V8 @ WGU; Now I hear they put V9 Questions :/

GreaterNinjaGreaterNinja Member Posts: 271
Well, I read the boring EC - CEH related books & chapters for WGU. It was so boring I fell asleep several times on several cups of coffee. Why on earth do they put so many outdated tools in the official reading material?

As painfully boring and now discouraging (CEH V9 Surprise) I'm going to do the Boson tests, NMAP labs, maybe wireshark too and just take the damm test. If I can score above 90% on the Boson I'm going to ask my mentor to give me a voucher. I've been a bit scared of the recent posts, but its time to put on my party panties and get this tetanus shot over with.

I HAVE to (eventually) pass this exam to get credits toward my Masters at WGU. That or just drop the WGU MSISA program as I feel its been pretty depressing lately.

Wish me luck guys!

Comments

• TK1799_stTK1799_st Member Posts: 111
    ECC was not suppose to release the new exam until 01 NOV 2015 - but released it early....these are the topics you had better have in your head before taking the exam!

There should have been a transition period - there wasn't - Pearson Vue told me that the update was pushed the nite before I took my exam and agreed with me that this was an error.
  • supasecuritybrosupasecuritybro Member Posts: 206 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Preason Vue agrees there was an update to the exam? EC-Council is not saying that at all. I went back to look at my exam and it said v8 on it and now there is not nomenclature on it if I wanted to re-take. I knew it looked different. So have you heard back from EC-Council?
    Completed: CISSP, GPEN, GWAPT, CCSA R80, eJPT, CySA+, M.S. Information Security
    Current Goal: CCSE
    Continuous Education Plan:​ AWS-SAA, OSCP, CISM
    Book/CBT/Study Material:​ Max Power
  • TK1799_stTK1799_st Member Posts: 111
    Preason Vue agrees there was an update to the exam? EC-Council is not saying that at all. I went back to look at my exam and it said v8 on it and now there is not nomenclature on it if I wanted to re-take. I knew it looked different. So have you heard back from EC-Council?

Not yet...I'm sure they now know the sh*t storm that was started by this failure in "change management" and our ability to go to Archive.org and grab screen shots.

On top of that, the day I signed up had the commonly known website...the day after they re-did it. I don't go to websites nor do I expect myself to go to websites daily to see if they have changed something. Who does?...oh yeah...a hacker bent on breaking into said website...

Joking aside...they need to have a transition period and reissue voucher numbers to us for v8 course material and end this, "we will update to the most current issues facing hacking" mentality.

It smells and no one will attend their courses.

With SANS - yes it is expensive, but it's an open book test. Take the boot camp - make a Item and page number matrix of topics and which book & page they are on - and take the exam....too easy - everyone passes. Those cert's measure and are equal to that of CEH.

So, at those point why would anyone take the unknown path ($600) where a major ambush could occur - miss 38 questions (87 correct) out of 125 - FAIL - and spend $350 for a retake....???

This ECC Strategy is not going to be accepted by those of us seeking cert's for work related positions....
  • sweete64133sweete64133 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am also a WGU MSISA student and I am very frustrated. I took the test on October 7th and failed after noticing some questions that were not in my study material. Now I do believe I prepared very well. I studied and was scoring within the 90's on Boson and Total Tester. I know I may have some short comings on some material and the wording of the test is daunting but they threw some things in there like cloud questions and mobile things I knew I had not seen.
    I am thoroughly frustrated.
    I was going to attempt to retake it as my semester is going to end on November 30th but have been advised not to do so because the new release is definitely going to be out even if the other test only included "beta" questions and I just failed on my own. And I will not have enough chance to study the new material because the course mentors just received the new material themselves the other day. This is so freaking frustrating. Especially since I pay my $$ for this. EC-Council is so full of it and at this time I am frustrated with WGU whom I have had no problem with up until this point.
    I am looking at changing my major right about now. I am also studying for CHFI also by the end of November and have to pass that on the first attempt.
  • IronmanXIronmanX Member Posts: 323 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Well, I read the boring EC - CEH related books & chapters for WGU. It was so boring I fell asleep several times on several cups of coffee. Why on earth do they put so many outdated tools in the official reading material?

The Matt Walker All In One CEH book is really good. I read the Matt Walker CEHv7 book (twice) then skimmed through the Matt Walker CEHv8 book before doing my exam.

I also bought the All in One CEHv8 practice tests.

Alot of misinformation on here and these posters just wont stop posting it.
    Look at the people who have recently passed the test (After Oct 15th). This thread even has a poster who failed on October 7th saying they got new questions.

This is not an easy entry level exam. I believe EC Council should remove the passing percentage score from the splash screen at the end of the exam. All this does it makes people over confident. If you are experienced in pen testing it is multiple choice and you can narrow down your options to pick from and score fairly well.
  • BillV_BillV_ Member Posts: 114 ■□□□□□□□□□
    IronmanX wrote: »
    I believe EC Council should remove the passing percentage score from the splash screen at the end of the exam. All this does it makes people over confident. If you are experienced in pen testing it is multiple choice and you can narrow down your options to pick from and score fairly well.

What would the purpose be? Or who would benefit from that? Are you trying to prevent the people from scoring high from going out and posting "Hey, it was easy, I got a 95%," and then others assuming it's an easy test? On the other side, if you follow ISC2, then you'd still be telling the people that didn't pass they missed at 68%. Unless you don't give them their score either and just simply state Pass/Fail (I'm not sure of ANSI requirements here). Maybe rather than providing the failing score, we could just show the categories (based on the blueprint) of areas that didn't score well (e.g., less than 70% for that category) to help the candidate know which areas need to improve.

Not trying to criticize your suggestion, just wanting to understand some more details around it.
    BillV_ wrote: »
    What would the purpose be? Or who would benefit from that? Are you trying to prevent the people from scoring high from going out and posting "Hey, it was easy, I got a 95%," and then others assuming it's an easy test? On the other side, if you follow ISC2, then you'd still be telling the people that didn't pass they missed at 68%.

Well whats the purpose of showing the passing percentage when a 70% or a 100% means the same thing?
    Showing a failing score would show the test taker just how close or far they were to passing. If it could be broken doesn into categories and a percentage for eatch category even better.

A few reasons not to show the passing score are:
    1. People try to correlate passing scores to audits.
    2. People see many passing scroed posted in the forums in the high 90's from people whith X amount of experience. They assume if they follow the same study material and have more experience they will have an easier time passing the exam. Then they fail and blame changes in the exam.
    3. Keeping the CEH credential even across the board. Do you want to create tiers of CEH certificate holders? This probally would never happen as people realize your experience is more relevent that your marks.
    What do you call someone who barely passed final exams and graduated at the very bottom of his class at med school????? A doctor.

ISC2 does not show your passing score

The New York and California Bar exam does not show your passing score. (I did not look up other states, but i'm sure they are the same)
    California:
    "Is it possible to get more detailed bar exam results?
    Only unsuccessful applicants are provided with more detailed information concerning how they did on the various parts of the exam. This information will be on the result letters that are mailed to unsuccessful applicants and is not otherwise available online or through the admission status screen. Successful applicants are only advised that they passed."

"Cisco does not publish exam passing scores because exam questions and passing scores are subject to change without notice."
  • danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The CASP exam does not tell you your score also. I received a 'pass' and the report was two different sentences of 'potential' simulations/domains that I may or may not have answered incorrectly. I understand why the no score option as stated by IronmanX above, it is for security reasons.
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
    Well whats the purpose of showing the passing percentage when a 70% or a 100% means the same thing?
    Showing a failing score would show the test taker just how close or far they were to passing. If it could be broken doesn into categories and a percentage for eatch category even better.

Cool, thanks for the feedback. I figured it was along those lines, and I also see some additional benefits to it as well. We have proposed these changes to EC-Council and I'm sure they'll have to make sure everything is aligned with ANSI requirements as well (which they should be) but hopefully this will go through and these changes will be made soon. Thanks again.
  • GreaterNinjaGreaterNinja Member Posts: 271
    So far I've:
    -read all of the official CEH v8 material....found it extremely boring and somewhat outdated. The reading material gives information on outdated tools for Windows NT 4.0, 95, 98, 2000, 2003. Because of this it does not align with the CEH labs.
    -took a boson practice exam after reading the boring material...scored in 70s. This means I need to study more :P
    -Took some of the CEH v8 learnondemand / Certified Ethical Hacker v8 CEH labs. I find the labs useful and the tools are for windows 7, windows 8, Windows 2008 server, Windows 2012 server.

My only complaints about the labs is it takes 20-60 minutes to run a function or even install a program. Other then that CEH uses multiple programs to do the same function so things can become quite redundant (icmp pings, enumeration, scanning, etc.) If its going to take 45 minutes to install SolarWinds or run a Scan, then I should be able to run another lab module.

Instead, I'm looking at Class B and class C RVs on ebay.

So thumbs down on the CEH v8 reading material.
    Thumbs up on the labs.
    So far I've:
    -read all of the official CEH v8 material....found it extremely boring and somewhat outdated. The reading material gives information on outdated tools for Windows NT 4.0, 95, 98, 2000, 2003.

Do not dismiss old tools. Often the best/easiest way into a network is through an old box.
  • ablindseyablindsey Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I hope WGU gets a refund from EC Council for my materials or gives then the updated study material for free as my term started 10/1/15 and EC council threw this test out in the wild three weeks before the announced change over of 11/1/15. Per my mentor they didnt even tell WGU they were going to version nine until a week ago.
    My WGU MSISA mentor just called and recommended pulling me out of the CEH class for the following reasons:

-EC Council has not supplied WGU with new CEH V9 material and thus the course learning material is not aligned with the exam anymore.
    -Many students who have passed the Boson Practice test with over 90% scores are failing the new CEH exam now. Very few of the students are passing.

My mentor has given me the alternative of removing the course now or I can try the course. However, if I do not pass the exam before my term it will count as a not passed on my transcript.

Consequently, I will have to study for 4 classes to most likely receive only 8 CU.

Its not WGU's fault, the responsibility falls on EC Council for making such an impromptu change.

BillV can quote math or whatever, but the numbers and people are starting to tell quite a different story.

Dammed if I do, dammed if I don't. Now I have to move and risk having a "not passed" on my transcript.

IMO EC Council's best solution to this is keep the legacy V8 exam for 6-12 months alive while also rolling out the V9 exam. This is what Microsoft, VMware, CompTia and so many other organizations do when they push new exams. They Slowly retire exams and give advanced communication of exam availability.

I have to say I'm pretty pissed off. Lets hope the CHFI course I also signed up for does not have an impromptu change this semester.
  • danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good luck on your CHFI exam, don't worry about the CEH For now, wait till study material comes out.
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
  • ablindseyablindsey Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I plan to ask my mentor to grant me access to CHFI for now and buy the book from Amazon. GreaterNinja summed up what many of us are already thinking and saying, other certification boards keep the older versions of the test available for up to 12 months after the new version is released as to allow time to transisition over. Also, glad I am not the only one who noticed the slow response in the labs.
  • ajmatsonajmatson Member Posts: 289
    My mentor also pulled me from the CEH and had me switch to the CHFI instead. Kind of upsetting as I have passed 5 of my MSISA classes in 3 months and now this will hold me up from completing in 1 term.
    Working on currently:
    Masters Degree Information Security and Assurance (WGU) / Estimated 06/01/2016
    Next Up: CCNP Routing Exam | Certified Ethical Hacker Exam
    Cisco Lab: ASA 5506-X, GNS3, 1x 2801 Router, 1x 2650XM, 1x 3750-48TS-E switch, 2x 3550 EMI Switches and 1x 2950T swtich.
    Juniper Lab: 1x SRX100H2, 1x J2320 (1GB Flash/1GB RAM, JunOS 11.4R7.5), and 4 JunOS Firefly vSRX Routers in VMWare ESXi 5.1
  • Sch1smSch1sm Member Posts: 64 ■■■□□□□□□□
    My WGU MSISA mentor just called and recommended pulling me out of the CEH class for the following reasons:

-EC Council has not supplied WGU with new CEH V9 material and thus the course learning material is not aligned with the exam anymore.
    -Many students who have passed the Boson Practice test with over 90% scores are failing the new CEH exam now. Very few of the students are passing.

My mentor has given me the alternative of removing the course now or I can try the course. However, if I do not pass the exam before my term it will count as a not passed on my transcript.

Consequently, I will have to study for 4 classes to most likely receive only 8 CU.

Its not WGU's fault, the responsibility falls on EC Council for making such an impromptu change.

BillV can quote math or whatever, but the numbers and people are starting to tell quite a different story.

Dammed if I do, dammed if I don't. Now I have to move and risk having a "not passed" on my transcript.

IMO EC Council's best solution to this is keep the legacy V8 exam for 6-12 months alive while also rolling out the V9 exam. This is what Microsoft, VMware, CompTia and so many other organizations do when they push new exams. They Slowly retire exams and give advanced communication of exam availability.

I have to say I'm pretty pissed off. Lets hope the CHFI course I also signed up for does not have an impromptu change this semester.

Yup, this would've made sense. There is nothing wrong with updating the exam (to v9) but the way the EC-Council has handled it has been a disaster. This entire problem could've been solved by the EC-Council releasing a statement saying something like "From X date, anyone sitting the CEH exam will be given the v9 version of the exam. The difference in v9 is xyz." but they didn't do that, they gave people who are expressly sitting version 8 (as stated at the exam center) the version 9 exam without any form of warning.
    Sch1sm wrote: »
    Yup, this would've made sense. There is nothing wrong with updating the exam (to v9) but the way the EC-Council has handled it has been a disaster. This entire problem could've been solved by the EC-Council releasing a statement saying something like "From X date, anyone sitting the CEH exam will be given the v9 version of the exam. The difference in v9 is xyz." but they didn't do that

"they didn't do that"
    because there are no CEH version numbered exams.
    I believe this is a must to be ANSI certified.

CompTia does not have version numbers since they have become ANSI certified in 2008 (CASP in 2011)

Microsoft certs are not ANSI certified.
    VMware certs are not ANSI certified.

https://www.ansica.org/wwwversion2/outside/ALLdirectoryListing.asp?menuID=2&prgID=201&status=4
    CEH has their exam registered as "CERTIFIED ETHICAL HACKER v8" with ANSI until 2017. https://www.ansica.org/wwwversion2/ANSICAfiles/Certificates/913/ECC%20certificate%20rev3.pdf
    This is a counterexample to what you are saying about version numbers and ANSI.
    A+, Network+, Security+ all have (or had) multiple versions which counted toward their respective ANSI certification.

I think CEH certainly could have used different version numbers or name schemes. Anyway you look at it, EC handled this very poorly.
    CEH has their exam registered as "CERTIFIED ETHICAL HACKER v8" with ANSI until 2017. https://www.ansica.org/wwwversion2/ANSICAfiles/Certificates/913/ECC%20certificate%20rev3.pdf
    This is a counterexample to what you are saying about version numbers and ANSI.
    A+, Network+, Security+ all have (or had) multiple versions which counted toward their respective ANSI certification.

I think CEH certainly could have used different version numbers or name schemes. Anyway you look at it, EC handled this very poorly.

Your right the v8 in the ANSI accreditation is "weird". I dunno if the idea is v8 got accredited and from here on out the certification is the accredited v8 version with exam questions been updated periodically. v8 is not on the certificate itself.

Security+ has been accredited since 2008. The exam looks like it changed last year from SY0-301 to SY0-401. Looking at forum posts looks like they gave 6 months warning. The Security + cert is labeled as Security + CE. CE = Continuing Education i think.
    sy0-401 says:"The CompTIA Security+ Certification Exam Objectives are subject to change without notice."

Looks like both exams are now very fluid. New Questions will be added as they become relevant.
  • GessGess Member Posts: 144 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Looks like both exams are now very fluid. New Questions will be added as they become relevant.

Good, people have been asking for relevance for the CEH for as long as I can remember.
    My WGU MSISA mentor just called and recommended pulling me out of the CEH class for the following reasons: -EC Council has not supplied WGU with new CEH V9 material and thus the course learning material is not aligned with the exam anymore. -Many students who have passed the Boson Practice test with over 90% scores are failing the new CEH exam now. Very few of the students are passing. My mentor has given me the alternative of removing the course now or I can try the course. However, if I do not pass the exam before my term it will count as a not passed on my transcript. Consequently, I will have to study for 4 classes to most likely receive only 8 CU. Its not WGU's fault, the responsibility falls on EC Council for making such an impromptu change. BillV can quote math or whatever, but the numbers and people are starting to tell quite a different story. Dammed if I do, dammed if I don't. Now I have to move and risk having a "not passed" on my transcript. IMO EC Council's best solution to this is keep the legacy V8 exam for 6-12 months alive while also rolling out the V9 exam. This is what Microsoft, VMware, CompTia and so many other organizations do when they push new exams. They Slowly retire exams and give advanced communication of exam availability. I have to say I'm pretty pissed off. Lets hope the CHFI course I also signed up for does not have an impromptu change this semester.
    I'm not familiar with the Boson tests or how many questions are in the test pool but I do know that once you've taken an exam with the same questions twice, you start learning the questions and answers rather than the material. Also, I have no idea whether the Boson tests are even a good measure for the actual exam. Are the Boson tests endorsed by EC-Council? Based on the amount of people that have posted here saying they've used these and then scored poorly on the exam, I'm going to guess no. I have seen the numbers/percentages of candidates that have passed the CEH exam going back to April of this year I believe. There has not been a drastic or significant decrease in the number of people passing. EC-Council used to do exactly what you've suggested - roll out a new version of the exam while allowing the current version to be taken for up to 6 months after the new one was put out. But, as I'm sure you've already guessed, the version number for the exam has gone away since moving to ANSI. The reason you see the v8 listed on the ANSI website is to distinguish it from prior versions that were not accredited. The agreement after was that certification holders prior to ANSI accreditation are technically supposed to list their certification as 'CEH v5' etc. while accredited holders can just list 'CEH.'
  • wayne_wonderwayne_wonder Member Posts: 215 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Have they out the prices up of the exam voucher or is it just me that thought it used to be $500??
    Have they out the prices up of the exam voucher or is it just me that thought it used to be $500??

It was $500 USD + $100 USD for doing it with out the official training I believe.

On the EC Council web site it says it is $600.
    https://store.eccouncil.org/product/ceh-vue-exam-voucher

I don't know if they raised the price or if that includes the $100 not doing the official training fee.
    I used the way back machine on https://store.eccouncil.org/product/ceh-vue-exam-voucher
    so it looks like it has gone up $100 USD
    BillV_ wrote: »
    I'm not familiar with the Boson tests or how many questions are in the test pool but I do know that once you've taken an exam with the same questions twice, you start learning the questions and answers rather than the material. Also, I have no idea whether the Boson tests are even a good measure for the actual exam. Are the Boson tests endorsed by EC-Council? Based on the amount of people that have posted here saying they've used these and then scored poorly on the exam, I'm going to guess no. I have seen the numbers/percentages of candidates that have passed the CEH exam going back to April of this year I believe. There has not been a drastic or significant decrease in the number of people passing. EC-Council used to do exactly what you've suggested - roll out a new version of the exam while allowing the current version to be taken for up to 6 months after the new one was put out. But, as I'm sure you've already guessed, the version number for the exam has gone away since moving to ANSI. The reason you see the v8 listed on the ANSI website is to distinguish it from prior versions that were not accredited. The agreement after was that certification holders prior to ANSI accreditation are technically supposed to list their certification as 'CEH v5' etc. while accredited holders can just list 'CEH.'

I don't think people or even a university like WGU would utilize Boson as course material for CEH v8 if it did not have a high success rate in the past.
    WGU students also have access to official CEH v8 labs, videos and books.

WGU is literally calling their students and asking them to not take the CEH exam due to this dilemma. Mentors are recommending students drop the respective CEH class for now. I would consider this issue quite significant.

I won't even go into the number of people I've seen on this forum who have said they have failed versus passed in the last 21 days.

Now as far as your ANSI compliance statements…

CEH v8 is the only EC Council certification that is certified by ANSI website. It specifically reads as “CERTIFIED ETHICAL HACKER v8” on the ANSI website. So again, ANSI is using a distinct version number for the CEH certification.
    Yet on the EC Council website it’s titled “Certified Ethical Hacker v9 (ANSI)”.

Lastly, there is a contradiction to this stuff about ANSI version/compliance stuff you guys keep posting:

CompTIA simultaneously uses different versions of its exams and still remains ANSI compliant on A+ Ce, Security+ Ce, Network+ Ce and CASP.
    Let me elaborate: A+ Ce (ANSI Certified) has at least 4 different exams currently.
    Security+ Ce (ANSI Certified) had 2-3 different exams you could take to achieve the ANSI certification. SY0-301, SY0-401, and JK-022
    Network+ Ce had n10-006, n1-005, and jk0-023.
    In CompTia’s case their previous version exams would expire at least 6 months after the latest version came out. Yet they all still count toward the respective ANSI certification. Those three certifications have remained ANSI certified since 2008.
    I won't even go into the number of people I've seen on this forum who have said they have failed versus passed in the last 21 days
    They are saying they are seeing around the same pass fail ratio right now. I don't know if they are telling truth or not, but there have been a few posts of people who passed and said it was no big deal.

You are going to see a lot more failed posts right now because people who failed previously would have either just tried again or quit. Right now if you fail you complain about how "stupid/dumb" the exam/organization is. And hey I don't know if I took it and failed if I would not be doing the same thing these others are doing. Its easier to blame someone then own it and try harder.
    CompTIA simultaneously uses different versions of its exams and still remains ANSI compliant on A+ Ce, Security+ Ce, Network+ Ce and CASP.
    I posted on here already about this.
    I believe last year for security + ce they had 6 months of over lap when the new exam came out.
    There new security + ce exam says they can change questions with out notice. I take that to mean there wont be new versions of the exam only new questions added to the question pool.

It is confusing because depending on where you booked it may or may not have had the v8 on it. Now they are making the testing centre's drop the v8 from the exam.

from 2 years ago:
    • Test Delivery:
    • Web based via Prometric Prime (Exam Prefix - 312-50-ANSI)
    • Authorized Prometric Testing Centers (Exam Prefix - 350CEHvicon_cool.gif
    • Vue Testing Center (Exam Prefix - 312-50vicon_cool.gif
  • OctalDumpOctalDump Member Posts: 1,722
    Lastly, there is a contradiction to this stuff about ANSI version/compliance stuff you guys keep posting:

Let me elaborate: A+ Ce (ANSI Certified) has at least 4 different exams currently.
    Security+ Ce (ANSI Certified) had 2-3 different exams you could take to achieve the ANSI certification. SY0-301, SY0-401, and JK-022
    Network+ Ce had n10-006, n1-005, and jk0-023.
    In CompTia’s case their previous version exams would expire at least 6 months after the latest version came out. Yet they all still count toward the respective ANSI certification. Those three certifications have remained ANSI certified since 2008.

There isn't necessarily a contradiction here. The ANSI requirement is that exams are constantly reviewed and updated. This can be done within a version of an exam. So, ANSI accreditation might mean that a certifier can have versions of their exams but isn't required to, as long as the exam is updated regularly. Possibly, the certifier could also update within a version of an exam. There are probably multiple ways to meet the accreditation requirements. The relevant standard appears to be ISO 17024:2012, but I can't find a free+open copy of the standard.

Possibly the analog here is between the "ce" versions of comptia and v8 version of CEH. CE is the line in the sand between the old un-accredited versions, similarly v8 is that same line.

Certainly, I'm not saying that EC-Council has done a good job here. There seems at the very least to have been a failure to communicate what they are doing with the exam adequately to people intending to take the exam, and it seems also their training partners.
    2017 Goals - Something Cisco, Something Linux, Agile PM
    They are saying they are seeing around the same pass fail ratio right now. I don't know if they are telling truth or not, but there have been a few posts of people who passed and said it was no big deal.

You are going to see a lot more failed posts right now because people who failed previously would have either just tried again or quit. Right now if you fail you complain about how "stupid/dumb" the exam/organization is. And hey I don't know if I took it and failed if I would not be doing the same thing these others are doing. Its easier to blame someone then own it and try harder.

I've read the posts on this forum. I think 3 (maybe 4) people in the last 24 days have said they passed. One person scored 80%, another 71%, and another who barely passed.

The number of people who have failed in the last 24 days far outweigh the posts of of people who have passed.

You give no sources or stats when you say things like "they are seeing around the same pass fail ratio right now." To myself it really seems you and Billv are spouting the same stuff and the more I look into it, its actually not true.
    WGU would not call me up and try to remove me from the course unless they had a good reason. They have no reason to not tell the truth.

On the other hand, Billv is a representative of EC/CEH. I'm guessing you are a representative of EC/CEH as well.
    Certainly, I can see a reason why you and Billv would give misleading, baseless, and even false information.
    OctalDump wrote: »
    There isn't necessarily a contradiction here. The ANSI requirement is that exams are constantly reviewed and updated. This can be done within a version of an exam. So, ANSI accreditation might mean that a certifier can have versions of their exams but isn't required to, as long as the exam is updated regularly. Possibly, the certifier could also update within a version of an exam. There are probably multiple ways to meet the accreditation requirements. The relevant standard appears to be ISO 17024:2012, but I can't find a free+open copy of the standard.

Possibly the analog here is between the "ce" versions of comptia and v8 version of CEH. CE is the line in the sand between the old un-accredited versions, similarly v8 is that same line.

Certainly, I'm not saying that EC-Council has done a good job here. There seems at the very least to have been a failure to communicate what they are doing with the exam adequately to people intending to take the exam, and it seems also their training partners.

Billv and Ironmanx were saying that because CEH is now certified by ANSI they cannot have more than one version of the exam out at the same time.

The contradiction is not simply ANSI requirements. Its more about what Billv and IronmanX are writing about CEH, ANSI, and why they only have one version of the CEH exam out at a time.
    The Comptia - ANSI examples are certainly a contradiction/counterexample to what Ironmanx and Billv are saying. Even ANSI's data for CEH and CompTIA on their website gives contradicting information to what they have previously wrote.

Security+ SY0-301 expired 12/2014. Security+ SY0-401 released May 1, 2014. (2 different versions of the exam that count toward Security+ CE (ANSI Certified)
    For that matter most security+ certifications going back to 2008 are ANSI certified. ~6 month overlap on 2 different versions that count toward the same Security+ CE ANSI certification.

Network+ N10-005 expired August 31, 2015. N10-006 Launched February 28, 2015. (2 different versions of the exam that count toward Network+ CE (ANSI Certified)
    Again, even previous versions of Network+ exam going back to 2008 are considered ANSI certified. You can even see there is version overlap of about 6 months. Billv and Ironmanx claimed that because CEH is ANSI certified it cannot have version overlap.

So here is my conclusion: IronmanX and Billv are giving misinformation. Either they don't know what they are talking about or they are intentionally trying to downplay the situation and mislead people on this forum probably due to conflict of interest.
    You give no sources or stats when you say things like "they are seeing around the same pass fail ratio right now." To myself it really seems you and Billv are spouting the same stuff and the more I look into it, its actually not true. WGU would not call me up and try to remove me from the course unless they had a good reason. They have no reason to not tell the truth. On the other hand, Billv is a representative of EC/CEH. I'm guessing you are a representative of EC/CEH as well. Certainly, I can see a reason why you and Billv would give misleading, baseless, and even false information.
    I can't give you the numbers because EC-Council does not publicize them. You can try and contact them directly and ask if they will give you the information but I would say that's highly unlikely. You can take my word for it or you can choose to disregard it as "false information." I don't particularly care either way. What would be the reason for providing false information? How does that benefit me?
    Billv and Ironmanx were saying that because CEH is now certified by ANSI they cannot have more than one version of the exam out at the same time. The contradiction is not simply ANSI requirements. Its more about what Billv and IronmanX are writing about CEH, ANSI, and why they only have one version of the CEH exam out at a time. The Comptia - ANSI examples are certainly a contradiction/counterexample to what Ironmanx and Billv are saying. Even ANSI's data for CEH and CompTIA on their website gives contradicting information to what they have previously wrote.
    I haven't said anything about having multiple versions of the exam out at the same time, other than it was done that way in the past. If you can find where I've stated that, please post it here so I can address. I don't know what the ANSI requirements are as far as version numbers go for the exam. Seems like they allow it, based on your CompTIA examples. EC-Council chose to drop it from the exam. The testing centers were not supposed to have a version number assigned to the test code, and this is why you suddenly saw it pulled.
    Again, even previous versions of Network+ exam going back to 2008 are considered ANSI certified. You can even see there is version overlap of about 6 months. Billv and Ironmanx claimed that because CEH is ANSI certified it cannot have version overlap. So here is my conclusion: IronmanX and Billv are giving misinformation. Either they don't know what they are talking about or they are intentionally trying to downplay the situation and mislead people on this forum probably due to conflict of interest.
    Again, neither of us has said anything about version overlap. The discussion has been around the objectives/blueprint of the exam and how the ANSI structure requires the exam to be built on a Job Task Analysis, not built from the EC-Council courseware.