Options

I don't feel ready for 801

domn425domn425 Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey everyone, I'm having my 220-801 tomorrow at 11am and even though I have went through three books and been revising a lot, I for some reason feel like I'm not ready. People close to me are saying I'm definitely ready but there's that thought in my head constantly that I'll get confusing questions or something. Speaking of that, I am a bit of a paranoid kind of person, I think about everything and every possible outcome, which can suck at times.

I went through the Exam Cram, CompTIA A+ Rapid Review, and Mike Meyer's A+ Passport. I've taken a whole lot of notes, as well as practice exams both in the books and online (exam cram, at first I got 84%, and the second time I got 99%). Yet I still feel worried that I won't pass. It's mainly because of the cost of those exams I'd say. I can afford to repeat the exam I'd just really like not to. I care about this exam, as well as the ones I'll take in the future related to the IT field, unlike the school exams which I did bad in and didn't care at all. I guess that's the reason I'm starting to get a bit of this test anxiety creeping up on me, because I simply care. I don't like the feeling of not being prepared though. I feel like I know everything and don't really have much to learn from the books I have, but at the same time there's a feeling that I don't know something.

Hopefully I'll pass, any last minute suggestions guys?

Comments

• Options
    danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Take some deep breaths and have some confidence, failure is not an option. You will go into this test and dominate. The questions you feel you know answer them. The questions you are stumped on, flag them and move on. The questions you are not so sure about, make an educated guess and flag them. Once you come to the end, review flagged. Then go back one more time and review all questions. (If you have time) Come back and report with your pass.
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Get a good of a rest as possible, eat a nice breakfast, take your time answering the questions. At this point, you either know it or you don't. Most likely, you'll be just fine!
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    fuz1onfuz1on Member Posts: 961 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I think you'll be fine! Just try to relax and do your best! Good luck!
    timku.com(puter) | ProHacker.Co(nsultant) | ITaaS.Co(nstultant) | ThePenTester.net | @fuz1on
    Transmosis | http://transmosis.com | LinkedIn | https://linkedin.com/in/t1mku
    If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it. - Epictetus
    The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows. - Buddha
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you. - Unknown
  • Options
    Thanks for all your support! Just came online now to let you all know I passed today with a score of 803! Pass was at 675 so I did pretty good :]. After the weekend I'll start going through the 220-802 material at a quicker pace. Looking forward to finally being certified! :)
  • Options
    fuz1onfuz1on Member Posts: 961 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! Great score! Good luck on 802 - know your Windows versions. icon_cool.gif
    timku.com(puter) | ProHacker.Co(nsultant) | ITaaS.Co(nstultant) | ThePenTester.net | @fuz1on
    Transmosis | http://transmosis.com | LinkedIn | https://linkedin.com/in/t1mku
    If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it. - Epictetus
    The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows. - Buddha
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you. - Unknown
  • Options
    G.O.A.TG.O.A.T Member Posts: 138
    Congrats dom! Did you study the 801 before you studied the 802, or did you cover both objectives at the same time?
  • Options
    danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Told you you'd pass. Congrats!
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
  • Options
    muchw0wmuchw0w Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I seriously stressed about my 801 as well. Came out with a 750. Its very easy to become anxious, especially if you are paying out of pocket and are new to these type of exams. I will say my 802 threw me a curve ball and I had a lot of questions on DOS commands. I'd suggest focusing on those because that was a weak spot for me. Either way, Im sure you'll do fine. Best of luck!!!
  • Options
    G.O.A.T wrote: »
    Congrats dom! Did you study the 801 before you studied the 802, or did you cover both objectives at the same time?

I studied just the 801 stuff first :). I did read a little bit of the 802 material but it was just really to see what the second exam would be like and what I should expect.

Thanks for your advice muchw0w, I'm honestly kind of worried about memorizing the commands and all that. However I think after some studying my opinion on that will change :) (for A+ at least). What worries me more though, is that I am planning on studying Security+ and CCENT/CCNA at the same time after I'm done with A+, and the amount of commands there in CCENT/CCNA, icon_cheers.gif. I'll get through it. It will just take quite a bit more time than this. I have a pretty positive attitude to learning and improving/pushing myself, so that should keep me going even if things aren't going very smoothly.