Options

Looking for some career insight

Shamw0wShamw0w Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey guys,

I've been lurking around here, and finally decided to make an account. I'm studying business, as I'd like to get in the management side of things in the technology realm. Do you think getting some certifications like the A+ and higher would help me in that endeavor?

Comments

• Options
    danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I believe the A+ should be the starting point for everybody looking to get into the technology field. You can go this route: A+, Project+, ITIL (foundations), PMP (You should read through the prerequisites for that one, after your Bachelor's degree in business you should be fine), CISM.
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
  • Options
    Shamw0wShamw0w Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the quick response, Danny. What would you suggest for books for the A+? I've searched Amazon for some good study guides, and they all have great ratings, though I did read a few things that the Mike Meyers all-in-one study guide leaves out some pertinent information. Not entirely sure about that one.

I'd welcome any suggestions!
  • Options
    sincere11105sincere11105 Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I feel like mike Meyers is more in depth than anything else. That's my opinion. You can also compliment it with professor messes videos
  • Options
    danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I recommend Darril Gibson, I used him for my Security+ and this one has good reviews. http://www.amazon.com/CompTIA-Training-220-801-220-802-Microsoft/dp/0735662681/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1447687851&sr=1-1&keywords=a%2B+darril+gibson

Plus anything you can find in cybrary, youtube, here, etc.
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    A master's degree might also be beneficial as well in moving into the management side. I see many roles asking for a graduate degree or its highly regarded. ;)

Just food for thought
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63