Do you really need to attend a CCIE Bootcamp to pass the test?

Hey guys, one of the IPexpert salesman keeps hounding me about $1,499 bootcamp for any track. It sounds incredible deal but if I would do it I would go for the Collaboration track. I'm highly considering it but I haven't been to a bootcamp for anything. My concern is the bootcamp goes over the exact same stuff thats covered in their videos. While its a great deal I'm not sure it'll add anything.

For the people that have been to bootcamps do you think its worth it?

Comments

• IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    Yes, bootcamps are worth it. There is some overlap in the videos but the interaction, access to pods, bootcamp workbooks, being able to ask the instructor questions, and focused labbing time is pretty valuable. It also depends on the actual instructor. Check out some videos from the instructor first before committing. The worse thing is to have a bootcamp with someone you can't pay attention to and spending money on it.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • BardlebeeBardlebee Member Posts: 264 ■■■□□□□□□□
    dmarcisco wrote: »
    Hey guys, one of the IPexpert salesman keeps hounding me about $1,499 bootcamp for any track. It sounds incredible deal but if I would do it I would go for the Collaboration track. I'm highly considering it but I haven't been to a bootcamp for anything. My concern is the bootcamp goes over the exact same stuff thats covered in their videos. While its a great deal I'm not sure it'll add anything.

For the people that have been to bootcamps do you think its worth it?

I have not yet taken the CCIE. But I imagine while the bootcamps are worth it, I don't think they are "needed" to pass. But again, grain of salt over here.
  • Legacy UserLegacy User Unregistered / Not Logged In Posts: 0 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Ok iris you convinced me and I just pulled the trigger. That's a quick way to blow $1.5k lol
  • 21ctl21ctl Banned Posts: 93 ■■□□□□□□□□
    bootcamp is very good if you can afford, you will learn alot, i passed my ccie exam without going to any bootcamp but i wished i could attend
  • IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    21ctl wrote: »
    bootcamp is very good if you can afford, you will learn alot, i passed my ccie exam without going to any bootcamp but i wished i could attend

So what did you do or use to pass the CCIE Security lab? I'm curious since I'm thinking of taking it next
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • lrblrb Member Posts: 526
    I went on Narbik's R&S course twice (5-day and 10-day) and it was definitely helpful. It also gives you a week or more away from work to focus on the material for 10+ hours a day rather than trying to jam in study after a long day.
    So what did you do or use to pass the CCIE Security lab? I'm curious since I'm thinking of taking it next

workbook and VOD from both INE and IPX, someone gave me narbik workbook too,
  • gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    No, you don't *need* a bootcamp. I didn't use one, mainly because of the prohibitive cost. However, I'd probably not bother and save my money now I've proven I can do it once without.
    gorebrush wrote: »
    No, you don't *need* a bootcamp. I didn't use one, mainly because of the prohibitive cost. However, I'd probably not bother and save my money now I've proven I can do it once without.

@gorebrush
    which ccie are u preparing for now
    for DataCenter, i think i will be attending a bootcamp, lucky Micronics will be doing online Webex Bootcamp next year April/May 2016...already saving for that
  • BardlebeeBardlebee Member Posts: 264 ■■■□□□□□□□
    gorebrush wrote: »

That is an interesting case, and it could be argued that if they decide to remove the exponential failure back off, your money may be better placed at more attempts. At least, in my opinion. If they still have the exponential failure back off, I would likely do the boot camp, so for me at least that is what it hinges on.