Jumping into CCNP Data Center

2»

Comments

• d4nz1gd4nz1g Member Posts: 464
    Thank you for your words, guys.

Yea, I won't quit this thing. You know...I already got too far to give up right now.

Labbing IPX tomorrow, I will try to cover everything that I felt weaker on the test.

Regarding to those (bad) questions, I will try not to let them bring me another failure, which means that I will have to score on every question that its possible to answer.
    Getting back on my feet, studying all the topics that I felt I was weaker at.

Reviewing and labbing NPV and FCoE this week, OTV Fabricpath and vPC next week.
    Right before my next attempt, I will focus on ISSU, copp, FEX and tackling SAN stuff again.

Not scheduled yet, but I am going to do it as soon as possible.
    Reading both books again. This time paying attention to the smallest details AND building a flash card deck on my phone.

I have to admit that flash cards are great for small and specific topics, and I am starting to build a few cards that make me think broader (ex: 3 reasons that can prevent 2 fabrics to merge).

No labbing past weekend, resting at night and trying to read the docs while at work.

By the way, I am getting into the new nexus boxes at work (4x 7700, 4x 5600 and 4x 5500). Activated a couple of servers today on this new network and everything is working smoothly. Also, I feel that I will be the one writing procedures on how to operate this whole new thing since I am the only one there that worries about learning how these guys work.
  • creamy_stewcreamy_stew Member Posts: 406 ■■■□□□□□□□
    d4nz1g wrote: »
    Thank you joels.

The test is so expensive for me, and I guess I will not be able to pay for it again (I work for a partner, but....).

You work for a partner, and they won't sponsor even your exam fee? Bizarre.
    Itchy... Tasty!
    [X] DCICN
    [X] IINS

[ ] CCDA
    [ ] DCICT
    I thought the same as you lol. So weird.
    Currently I'm reading Storage Networking Protocol Fundamentals and labbing everyday at lunch time.

I will be sitting for IELTS tomorrow (speaking) and on saturday (writing, listening). After that, I will get back to SAN stuff (NPV, Fabric Merge) and try to lab it as much as possible, and leave OTV for the days prior to the test.

I feel like I don't need to study that much anymore, just got to retain the knowledge and, specially, pay attention to the test. I guess that was the point which led me to a fail.
    Watching some videos, focusing more on SAN (Fabric merge and NPV/NPIV)
    Reading Storage Networking Fundamentals - such an amazing book, both for LAN and SAN.

Next week I plan finishing SAN and review everything else. Right before my test I will focus more on OTV.
    IPx lab today, finishing SAN, Private-vlan, OTV and fabricpath.

Can't wait to pass this !@$%@$!@ exam >.<
    Failed again with the same score, lol

1st time:
    Layer 2: 64%
    FCoE: 100%
    SAN: 60%
    DCI: 80%
    Platform Specific: 70%

2nd time:
    Layer 2: 79%
    FCoE: 100%
    SAN: 60%
    DCI: 80%
    Platform Specific: 60%

ISSU and copp killed me today. SAN questions were ridiculous. The lab was ok this time.
  • MowMow Member Posts: 445 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Ouch, man, hang in there.
    Well, I will wait for this exam to be refreshed so I can take it once again. The $$ exchange rate is too damn high, $250 for me is like 1/5 of my paycheck so no, I will not take it just for the sake of failure.

Will keep studying something else until then and, of course, refresh my knowledge on Cisco DC Fabric every week so I won't lose any of the knowledge I acquired so far (7 months~).