Passed N+ (Barely!)

momoliciousmomolicious Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
Just passed N+ (scored 754). This test was hard, I think. Study materials included:
  • Mike Meyers' All-in-one CompTIA Network+ Certification Exam Guide (ebook)
  • Mike Meyers' Network+ video series found on Lynda (via free trial)
  • Professor Messer (only on specific topics or for quick reference)
The book and video series by Mike Meyers was great. If you've never read a Mike Meyers book (I hadn't), watching his videos series made me appreciate his personality and attempts at humor. It's pretty cool to read a book and have a vivid picture of who's breaking it down for you (every published book has an editor, but you know what I mean).His approach is pretty good. He simplifies a lot of complex topics and highlights things you need to know for the exam, specifically. I recommend his book.Professor Messer's video playlist is just way too long. It also puts me to sleep. However, his videos are great when you need to reference a certain topic. I also watched his monthly study guides. I wasn't expecting to get much out of them, but they're actually fun and engaging. I recommend watching one or two. I'll be doing it once I do the CE thing. You know, to get some credits.I studied the material for about two weeks (including all-day weekends) and still struggled. I know passing is passing, but I feel I scored a bit low. I was hoping to knock it out of the park as I had high hopes I would/could excel in networking.I may take my sweet time on ICND1/ICND2.

Comments

• fuz1onfuz1on Member Posts: 961 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    timku.com(puter) | ProHacker.Co(nsultant) | ITaaS.Co(nstultant) | ThePenTester.net | @fuz1on
    Transmosis | http://transmosis.com | LinkedIn | https://linkedin.com/in/t1mku
    If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it. - Epictetus
    The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows. - Buddha
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you. - Unknown
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Nice work!
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • hannismhannism Member Posts: 112
    Passing the Net+ with two weeks of study is quite an accomplishment.

Don't feel bad about the score. The most important thing that matters is what you do with your new found knowledge and skill set.
    Obtained: CompTIA Linux+ [X] CompTIA Security + [X] CCENT [X] CCNA: Routing and Switching [X] CCNA: Security [X] CCNA: Wireless [X] Linux Server Professional (LPIC-1) [X] SUSE Certified Linux Administrator [X]
    Currently studying: Red Hat Certified System Administrator > Red Hat Certified System Engineer > CISSP
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! icon_cheers.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Kopite_21Kopite_21 Member Posts: 194 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!
  • ITNewbie2ITNewbie2 Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
  • StarJackStarJack Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! Started studying for Network+ myself, having brain cramps! Glad I found this site. Good luck on your studies.
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • daschildaschil Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I second what Hannism said, a pass with two weeks of intense study is excellent.
    LinkedIn, twitter - David Schildroth
  • EduardvEduardv Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!

Got any tips? This is next up on my to do list.

Been watching the Mike Myers vids so far.