ITIL... wow

cms819cms819 Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
I no knowing about ITIL. I just read the first chapter of my book i just purchased and I have no idea what i just read... was anyone else like this the first time?? not really feeling confident about this

Comments

• Mike7Mike7 Member Posts: 1,107 ■■■■□□□□□□
    cms819 wrote: »
    I no knowing about ITIL. I just read the first chapter of my book i just purchased and I have no idea what i just read... was anyone else like this the first time?? not really feeling confident about this

ITIL relates to IT service management. Do you have experience with IT operations? IT Project Management? How mature is your company's IT ops? Is it well managed? Optimized? Proper deployment process?

ITIL is a framework of best practices. Try to relate it to your work environment.
  • Claire AgutterClaire Agutter Member Posts: 772 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Hi cms819

Mike's given you some great advice there - remember ITIL covers all aspects of IT service management so some bits you may find more familiar and comfortable than others. If you're starting with strategy, that can be a bit overwhelming!

If you're studying ITIL to get started in service management, you might find you get a good return on investment from taking a training course in addition to doing your own reading.

Kind regards

Claire
  • BaptistaBaptista Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    cms819 wrote: »

It is very hard to understand if you have no practical experience. That is normal.
  • ItsmHarunItsmHarun Member Posts: 178
    ITIL formerly an acronym for Information Technology Infrastructure Library, is a set of practices for IT service management (ITSM) that focuses on aligning IT services with the needs of business.