Fail :(

!30!30 Member Posts: 356
Fail 70-272 today m with 675 , fail completing MCDST & MCSA icon_sad.gif
Optimism is an occupational hazard of programming: feedback is the treament. (Kent Beck)

Comments

• OpiOpi Member Posts: 127
    work on the weak areas and reschedule , you can do it !
  • SmallguySmallguy Member Posts: 597
    you've passed other certs jsut look at the report and improve your weak areas

I'm sure u'll nail it next time
  • Danman32Danman32 Member Posts: 1,243
    Just the exposure to the exam should help you focus on where you need work. Sometimes we need a fail to humble ourselves. I know I did, especially Security+. I thought that was going to be a somewhat easy test based on the practice questions I came across.
  • bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    hi !30, I'll try and be as supportive and encouraging as I can.

You seem to have been quite busy lately, were you sure that you were "ready" when you went for your exam? quoting your own replies, CCNA is suppose to be the be-all entry exam that preps you for everything, so what happened?

Clearly nothing is easy unless you can show that you can do it.
    Did you read any of my MCDST posts in response to your questions?

272 contains objectives from 271, 272 is more application support based, whereas 271 is OS support based.

I trust that there are great explanations for this, hopefully you'll discover the right one.

Good luck~
    Jack of all trades, master of none
  • LukeQuakeLukeQuake Member Posts: 579 ■■■□□□□□□□
    In order to pass the 272 exam, you really need to spend time just playing around with applications such as Outlook Express and Microsoft Word. It might also be an idea to just study the menus available to you within the Windows Control Panel.

Best of luck on your next try! :D
  • taktsoitaktsoi Member Posts: 224
    from my experience in this exam, i30, i barely nailed down the 272 because thanks to the tricky questions on troubleshooting for the applications. I almost got secrewed up by this stupid topic.

Before I took the exam, I already smelled it that the exam will focus alot on this objective. Therefore, I already played around with the outlook, outlook express, office components, ie....etc...but still.....just barely passed it...

I would suggest you doing more hands-on on this objective because I believe you that you shouldn't have problem on NTFS permission, usability, or network connectivity, right?

just my 2 cents
    mean people SUCK !!! BACK OFF !!!
    The Next Stop is, MCSE 2003 and CCNA.
    Bachelors of Technology in 1 More Year.

-Working on CCENT. Thank you my love <3
  • Young FredYoung Fred Member Posts: 80 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Keep your head up man we got ya back
    YoungFred.jpg
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    From your various posts throughout the forums, and the certs that you already have, you seem to be very capable.

If I were you, I'd just chalk it up to "the luck of the draw" and hit it again real soon. I did better on 272 than 271, so that makes me think that you probably got that one set of questions that would have hammered anybody. It happens!

Good luck!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki