What study resources did you use for MTA Networking Fundamentals 98-366?

please advise on the resources you used and which resource worked best.

Comments

• FayzFayz Member Posts: 118 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I used Microsoft Virtual Academy which is a good start and Darrill Gibson's Microsoft Windows Networking Essentials. I have yet to take the 98-366 exam though.
  • TacoRocketTacoRocket Member Posts: 497 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Why are you taking the networking fundamentals?
    These articles and posts are my own opinion and do not reflect the view of my employer.

Website gave me error for signature, check out what I've done here: https://pwningroot.com/
  • G.O.A.TG.O.A.T Member Posts: 138
    Because I'm trying to build up a fundamental knowledge of computers also I have a job prospect looming and they were impressed that I had already done MTA 98-349 and ITIL.
  • StryfeS13StryfeS13 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I read the whole Microsoft 98-366 book, and watched all of the MVA videos as well. I took notes of every page in the 98-366 book...

I have my test tomorrow morning at 9:45 PST. I'll let you know if that was enough study material..if I pass, haha.
  • StryfeS13StryfeS13 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Took it this morning and passed. The 98-366 book and MVA videos are enough to pass this test.

There will be a few IPv6 questions, internet/extranet/intranet questions, classful IP addressing questions, and VPN protocol questions. Those were the hardest ones.
  • TacoRocketTacoRocket Member Posts: 497 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The reason why I ask for the Networking Fundamentals is because the Network+ is more recognized and covers the same and more topics.
    These articles and posts are my own opinion and do not reflect the view of my employer.

Website gave me error for signature, check out what I've done here: https://pwningroot.com/
  • G.O.A.TG.O.A.T Member Posts: 138
    @TacoRocket

You may be based in America, but that certainly isn't the case for the UK.. I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of IT employers had never heard of CompTIA.. I have only ever seen it on around 5 job adds over the years.
  • Chev ChelliosChev Chellios Member Posts: 343 ■■■□□□□□□□
    G.O.A.T wrote: »
    @TacoRocket

You may be based in America, but that certainly isn't the case for the UK.. I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of IT employers had never heard of CompTIA.. I have only ever seen it on around 5 job adds over the years.

Same here, those asking for specifics tend to be MTA/MCP etc or Cisco. I am considering an MTA, anything extra to get through the HR BS always helps.
  • PseudonymPseudonym Member Posts: 341 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Also being based in the UK I completely dispute that Comptia certs aren't recognised. I've never met anybody in IT who doesn't know what the A+/Network+ is.
    Certifications - A+, Net+, Sec+, Linux+, ITIL v3, MCITP:EDST/EDA, CCNA R&S/Cyber Ops, MCSA:2008/2012, MCSE:CP&I, RHCSA
    Working on - RHCE
  • byron66byron66 Member Posts: 169 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Same here I just used Microsoft Virtual Academy and read the reference book. You should be fine.
    CCNA   A+   N+  Sec+