Passed SY0-401!

FlyingPenguinFlyingPenguin Member Posts: 10 ■■■□□□□□□□
Passed SY0-401 with a score of 854

Study materials:

CBT Nuggets
Professor Messer
Get Certified Get Ahead: SY0-401 Study Guide by Darril Gibson

Study Time 5 months (Took some time to save up the money for the exam)

I found it easy enough if you know the material you will do fine.

Comments

• danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good job Flying Penguin, cheers to ya!
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! icon_cheers.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • FlyingPenguinFlyingPenguin Member Posts: 10 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Passed SY0-401 with a score of 854 Study materials: CBT Nuggets Professor Messer Get Certified Get Ahead: SY0-401 Study Guide by Darril Gibson Study Time 5 months (Took some time to save up the money for the exam) I found it easy enough if you know the material you will do fine.
    Now on to CCNA via ICND1 ICND2icon_cool.gif
  • $bvb379$bvb379 Member Posts: 155
    Just curious...how did you do on time? Use the whole hour and a half?
    $bvb379 wrote: »
    Just curious...how did you do on time? Use the whole hour and a half?

Finished with 28 minutes left on the clock. So 62 minutes used in total.
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats!
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • fuz1onfuz1on Member Posts: 961 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! icon_thumright.gif Seems like a zoo in here BTW...I see two penguins and a gorilla.
    timku.com(puter) | ProHacker.Co(nsultant) | ITaaS.Co(nstultant) | ThePenTester.net | @fuz1on
    Transmosis | http://transmosis.com | LinkedIn | https://linkedin.com/in/t1mku
    If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it. - Epictetus
    The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows. - Buddha
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you. - Unknown
  • CertifiedMonkeyCertifiedMonkey Member Posts: 172 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! Very nice score. icon_thumright.gif
  • QueueQueue Member Posts: 174 ■■■□□□□□□□
    How did the Practice Test in the back of Darrill Gibson's book compare to the difficulty of the CompTIA questions?
  • $bvb379$bvb379 Member Posts: 155
    Queue wrote: »
    How did the Practice Test in the back of Darrill Gibson's book compare to the difficulty of the CompTIA questions?

I too am interested in this. I got an 87% on the final test and that still was not the end of my studying.
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
    fuz1on wrote: »
    Congrats! icon_thumright.gif Seems like a zoo in here BTW...I see two penguins and a gorilla.
    lol! It is a zoo!:D
    Queue wrote: »

Be be honest I found the practice test questions very similar to what was on the exam. If you can get 90/100 correct on the practice test then you are more than ready to take the exam.

I was very confident during the exam and everything was smooth.
    Looking at my exam review paper given to me at the end of the exam it looks like I just got a question or two wrong about PKI.
  • QueueQueue Member Posts: 174 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Awesome! Thank you for the response, and congratulations on your new certification.
  • ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • TongyTongy Member Posts: 234
    Congratulations! You have the comptia trifecta - kudos!
  • Mike7Mike7 Member Posts: 1,107 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats, you now have the holy N S A triad of Comptia certs!