help

aimensaimens Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
what happened when we put same ip address in two computer in network , and what happened when we put same mac address in two pc in the same network

Comments

• Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Every NIC card has a unique MAC address. As for your second question you will create a resource conflict if that scenario occurs. Each PC needs a unique IP address on the network whether it's statically configured or via DHCP which will automatically assign IP addresses via a server.

I hope this answers your question. ;)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • aimensaimens Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    you tru give two devices same mac ?
  • TechGuru80TechGuru80 Member Posts: 1,539 ■■■■■■□□□□
    aimens wrote: »
    you tru give two devices same mac ?
    MAC addresses have two components...the vendor code and the unique ID to that NIC. If you intentionally give two computers the same MAC address, you are "spoofing" the MAC address of at least one of those NICs. The technique is more of a malicious use and relates to security...I wouldn't worry too much about it for Network+ because I doubt they cover it. Essentially it's to capture traffic destined for another device at layer 2, or to defeat MAC filtering on a network appliance.