Thinking about taking the server+

Young FredYoung Fred Member Posts: 80 ■■□□□□□□□□
Im considering taking the server+ but i dont know if i should go after my mcsa first or my ccna. I want to be a net admin but i dont want to just limit my self to that job title any advice would help
YoungFred.jpg

Comments

• plettnerplettner Member Posts: 197
    Personally, I went for the Server+ and am still in the process of getting my MCSA. I notice you have A+ and Network+. These will aid you greatly in the Server+ exam. It's one exam for the Server+ and I studied for about 2 weeks. I Have a hardware/software background.

It's an easy cert to obtain in terms of the number of tests required (i.e. 1) - not in difficulty terms. Get it out of the way and continue on with the MCSA.
  • Young FredYoung Fred Member Posts: 80 ■■□□□□□□□□
    fair enough sounds pretty good thanks a bunch
    YoungFred.jpg
  • jojopramosjojopramos Member Posts: 415
    I am already studying this for 1 1/2 mos. already, but bec of my hectic work sched and financial considerations(Comptia exams are too expensive), i'll just hit this on the first week of october. continue studying on this cert then concentrate on system admin type cert(MCSE, LPI, CNA) and you'll on the right track
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Hi Young Fred,

The Server+ is great for understanding your advanced systems and hardware areas. But, don't think that it is "Microsofty" in nature, however, it will turn your mind in the right direction when you get into MCSA mode of exam prep.

I agree with the other posts, and plettner is right in that the A+ and Network+ will be a great help. Server+ is a natural next step in the sequence.

The exam itself is sort of like A+ on bad steroids. You get bombarded with mostly shorter-in-length real-life scenario questions.

Good luck!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Young FredYoung Fred Member Posts: 80 ■■□□□□□□□□
    On Steroids! lol
    YoungFred.jpg
  • gigantourgigantour Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    why in the world that this SKO-002 exams has no textbook to read except from SKO-001 textsbooks and examcram for SKO-002....Mike Myers pls help us.....pls write a server+ all in one.....