Options

Aspiring CCDA checking in

creamy_stewcreamy_stew Member Posts: 406 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi guys! I'm on a quest to take the old version of the exam (640-864) before its retired on, I believe, dec 14.

Certs I have:
CCNP: R/S
CCNA: Security
640-911 (first half of CCNA:DC)

Material I plan on using:
CCDA OCG (actually, it seems pretty horrid. I'm just going to use the end of chapter summaries and questions, and possibly use it as a reference)
Nuggets CCDA (I think Anthony does a pretty good job so far compared to the OCG. VERY brief, though)
Nuggets CCDP (really looking forward to this!)
Nuggets 210-065 (first half of CCNA Collab)
Boson CCDA

Sound alright?
Itchy... Tasty!
[X] DCICN
[X] IINS

[ ] CCDA
[ ] DCICT

Comments

• Options

LOL, how come the picture is so small? I fail at the Internets icon_sad.gif
    q.jpg 7.2K
    Itchy... Tasty!
    [X] DCICN
    [X] IINS

[ ] CCDA
    [ ] DCICT
  • Options
    Mental note to learn memory tables in the OCG as per instant000's recommendation.
    Itchy... Tasty!
    [X] DCICN
    [X] IINS

[ ] CCDA
    [ ] DCICT
  • Options
    late_collisionlate_collision Member Posts: 146
    I passed CCDA a couple months back. In my opinion, with the little time left, I would focus on getting as much from the OCG as you can. For me, it was more than enough.

I am currently racing the deadline for the CCDP. Having been through both curriculum's recently, CCDP is MUCH broader, and you're going to waste your time trying to absorb it all, with only a few weeks left to study. Most of it you wont need for the CCDA.

If I were you, I would take the most targeted approach possible. Watch the CCDA nuggets in sync with reading the OCG. Get the concept from the nuggets, then read the OCG chapter for a deeper understanding, take notes if it helps you.
  • Options
    mistabrumley89mistabrumley89 Member Posts: 356 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I've been procrastinating on this for the past year.... I've read the CCDA OCG, and I'm almost done with the CCDP FLG. I'm sitting for the DA on Friday. If I pass, then I'll schedule the DP for the week after.
    Goals: WGU BS: IT-Sec (DONE) | CCIE Written: In Progress
    LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/charlesbrumley
  • Options
    How'd it go, Mista? Any feedback?
    Itchy... Tasty!
    [X] DCICN
    [X] IINS

[ ] CCDA
    [ ] DCICT
  • Options
    gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Bah, I was going to hit the ARCH exam for an easy CCDP, but December 14th is a bit soon when I've never formally done any design. Good luck with the CCDA, anyhow.
  • Options
    mistabrumley89mistabrumley89 Member Posts: 356 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I passed, but I didn't like the exam. I'm not really sure how to describe it without breaking NDA, but some of the stuff from the CCDP FLG was on there while it wasn't covered in the CCDA OCG very well. The exam wasn't really too technical either. A couple of the questions seemed a bit misleading as well.
    Goals: WGU BS: IT-Sec (DONE) | CCIE Written: In Progress
    LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/charlesbrumley
  • Options
    Well, all of last week I had the cold of doom. At first I thought I might get some cbts out of the way, but I just didn't have the energy. Slept 12h/day and barely managed to get two meals in per day.

I've finished watching the CCDA Nuggets and started on the ARCH nuggets.

Also did a Boson which put me over 80%. I think this is the highest I've ever scored on a Boson on my first try, so that's positive, I guess.

Where I lost the majority of points was voice (no surprise).

Basically, my plan has gone to hell, but my result on the Boson breathed a bit of life into my effort.

Also: I've misplaced my CCDA OCG cd/regnumber. I think I ripped it out because it was interfering with my reading and now I can't find it :'(

If anyone could provide me with the test engine and a valid code, I'd be grateful.

/C
    Itchy... Tasty!
    [X] DCICN
    [X] IINS

[ ] CCDA
    [ ] DCICT
  • Options
    bermovickbermovick Member Posts: 1,135 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Just got back from sitting the exam, and to be honest it was the easiest exam I've ever taken.

With my CCNP R&S and CCNA:Sec, the studies I'd done for the CCIE R/S & CCNP:Security, almost every question I either immediately knew the answer to or could quickly rule out the incorrect answers. I actually had to slow down about halfway through when I realized only 10 minutes had passed.

I also crammed out the CCDA Nuggets, the entire FLG and about 1/2 of the OCG in the past 3 weeks for a contract requirement (don't ask me why cause it makes no sense) so I had that still in short-term memory but still...
    Latest Completed: CISSP

Current goal: Dunno
  • Options
    OctalDumpOctalDump Member Posts: 1,722
    If it wasn't retiring so soon, I'd consider doing it based on how many people have said "It's easy". As it is, I'm going to have to wait until the new version is settled in....
    2017 Goals - Something Cisco, Something Linux, Agile PM