Exam Cram N10-006 5th Edition. Anyone use it and how did you like it ?

mgmguy1mgmguy1 Member Posts: 485 ■■■■□□□□□□
My brother is studying for the Network Plus test and I am thinking about buying him the Exam Cram N10-006 book by Emmet Dulaney ? I only saw 13 reviews for it on Amazon and was wondering if anyone here used the book and if so did they like it ?
In addition, if there is a better book you think would make more sense please let me know.
"A lot of fellows nowadays have a B.A., M.D., or Ph.D. Unfortunately, they don't have a J.O.B."

Fats Domino

Comments

• JuneGJuneG Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    This book doesn't have many reviews because it came out on June 2015, just few months back. I first purchased Mike Myers book which was unnecessarily big then later purchased exam cram. I highly recommend this book as i am preparing for my network+ exam and this book has helped me a to understand everything about networking. Precise and to the point.
    Go for it, you won't regret.
  • TDavault21TDavault21 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Currently 115 pages into the e-book. I really like the pacing so far, I've only heard good things about the book. Already learned alot.
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    The Cram Series are just that (for light review). I think they are perfect for someone with experience or as a compliment to another Full Text. Download the objectives and go through item by item, if you have the concept down, the book alone should be fine for most experienced folks. If you need more review, then invest in a full text as well.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Hoss612Hoss612 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have that same book. I like the review cards at the beginning and end. It is definitely a good investment.
  • EdinEdin Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm using the N10-006 in combination with the N10-006 cbtnuggets videos. I personally wouldn't be just using the examcram book but another source too.