Which is Better Online Training Site?

jeromebladejeromeblade Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
pluralsight.com
lynda.com
cbt nuggets
udemy.com
vtc.com
infiniteskills.com

Can I Pass the exam with these resource? whis is better? most helpful, can someone rate it? 10 is highest then 1 is lowest ..

Windows Server 2012 R2 Only, pick one or two to combine cbt+pluralsight is enough? give me some advise.

Comments

• 5ekurity5ekurity Member Posts: 346 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have used and liked CBT Nuggets for the MCSE training I did.
  • IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    I would say that most of those sites are great but you won't pass the exams with just videos alone. They should be used as a secondary resource on top of a study guide/book
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • jeromebladejeromeblade Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    What Book is good? prefer many as possible please iwanted to passed my mcsa and mcse this year + ccna and private cloud, thank you in advance
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    +1 to what Iristheangel said. Definitely read a book, then add video training. My personal would be CBT Nuggets.

As for the books, take each of the MS exams 70-410,411,412,413,414 and plug them into Amazon.com. The MS Press books are what you want to look for.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • jeromebladejeromeblade Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thats it? only the ms pressbook is the perfect and complete alll in one?
  • adikeshavadikeshav Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I personally recommend Plural Sight. But not for all exams. Few of those tuts are world class
    I had a dream i was king .Woke up , Still kind:cheers:
  • OfWolfAndManOfWolfAndMan Member Posts: 923 ■■■■□□□□□□
    1. It depends on the instructor
    2. It depends on your learning style.
    3. Unfortunately, videos alone for the majority of any certification needs a book or additional supplemental material
    :study:Reading: Lab Books, Ansible Documentation, Python Cookbook 2018 Goals: More Ansible/Python work for Automation, IPSpace Automation Course [X], Build Jenkins Framework for Network Automation []
  • fuz1onfuz1on Member Posts: 961 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Like:
    PluralSight - Quality and in-depth lessons
    Infinite Skills (which are on Udemy too) - Middle ground - not as good as PluralSight but not as bad as most.

Dislike:
    IMHO, CBT Nuggets' material is lacking in many critical areas (ie. Mobility+ videos only covered 50% of exam objectives; RedHat is pretty bad; CCNA wasn't bad though)

As people have said, it takes a combination of videos, print resources and other online sites to really be prepared. Sometimes, one instructor can be night and day different from another while teaching the same material.
    timku.com(puter) | ProHacker.Co(nsultant) | ITaaS.Co(nstultant) | ThePenTester.net | @fuz1on
    Transmosis | http://transmosis.com | LinkedIn | https://linkedin.com/in/t1mku
    If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it. - Epictetus
    The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows. - Buddha
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you. - Unknown
  • davefrancodavefranco Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Lynda.com is great resource for tutorials but i think live tutor can explain things better. You can't ask questions in tutorials videos. There are tons of online tutoring offer online tuition at hourly based. Some of them offer complete course package but it depend on individual if he/she needs tuition for particular topic or complete course.
  • LexluetharLexluethar Member Posts: 516
    As others have said no video will give you 100% of the information that you will need to pass an exam. For MS exams i've used online videos, books and technet articles. I would venture to estimate only about 60% of exam material is ever in one location (the exception being online articles b/c you can google everything).

1. CBT Nuggets
    2. Pluralsight

I have a subscription to pluralsight but they do a poor job IMO of keeping their data current. For my VMware certification all of their material at the time was on 5.1 even though i was looking for 5.5 material. I think they only had one or two video's on 5.5 stuff. Same with MCSA, the MS exam material was all on version 1 stuff and lacked the new information. They did add a supplemental video but only one or two to cover the added stuff in R2.
  • burfectburfect Member Posts: 128
    No exposure to CBT but Pluralsight is very detailed for VMWare.
  • MooseboostMooseboost Member Posts: 778 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I would say that most of those sites are great but you won't pass the exams with just videos alone. They should be used as a secondary resource on top of a study guide/book

I cannot stress this enough. I have made this mistake before.

I have used Udemy (Chris Bryant) and CBT Nuggets. Both of which I would recommend.